MARTINSBURG -- A Berkeley County woman has filed suit against Kable Excavating and one of its drivers, alleging a family member died in an accident after the Kable driver crossed the center line and collided with her family member's vehicle.
Jay Eugene Crews Jr. was driving a 1987 Acura RS north on Sulpher Springs Road on March 30, 2007, when Curtis Lee Lilla, who was driving a 2002 Mack Dump Truck south on Sulpher Springs Road, collided head on with Jay Crews, the complaint Teresa Ann Crews filed on Nov. 25 in Berkeley Circuit Court states.
Jay Crews was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident, the suit states.
Teresa Crews claims there was no way for Jay Crews to avoid the accident.
Because of the accident, Teresa Crews suffered emotional injuries, pain and suffering and permanent injuries, according to the complaint.
Lilla was negligent because he failed to maintain adequate control of the vehicle, failed to keep a proper lookout, failed to drive in a way to avoid a collision, drove in a reckless fashion and failed to exercise due and adequate care, the suit states.
Kable Excavating was negligent by allowing Lilla to operate its vehicle for business purposes, Teresa Crews claims.
Teresa Crews is seeking a judgment to be determined by the court to compensate her for her injuries, prejudgment interest, costs and other relief the court deems just.
James T. Kratovil and Aaron C. Amore of Kratovil and Amore in Charlestown will be representing her.
Berkeley Circuit Court case number: 08-C-1312
- Injections necessary for man’s 1986 injury, Justices rule
- U.S. SC sides with states, halts EPA’s Clean Power Plan
- Motorist sues for alleged negligence in collision
- Suit against Hampton Inn alleges bug infestation
- Auto wholesaler seeks to move sexual harassment claim to federal court
- State Farm asks to move liability case from state to federal court
- Law firm continues free Valentine's Day divorce for eighth year
- Former SC candidate Rowe retiring as circuit judge
- Which way, West Virginia?
- W.Va, other states file reply in Clean Power Plan stay request