John Doe, a minor, by his his guardian and next friend Mary Ritter, vs. Board of Child Care of the Baltimore-Washington Conference of the United Methodist Church Inc. and David Bayles
PA - Harry Waddell: J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiffs claim Bayles sexually abused the minor at the Board of Child Care's residential treatment facility in Berkeley County, where Bayles worked. The plaintiffs claim the abuse happened repeatedly during the summer of 2005, causing the plaintiff severe emotional distress and other problems. The plaintiffs are seeking an amount of compensatory damages to be determined at trial.
Case number: 08-C-1382
Tyna E. Carey and Helen L. Carey vs. David L. Harrell
PA - Paul Taylor; J - Gina Groh
* The plaintiffs claim they were injured on Dec. 6, 2006, after the defendant's negligence caused a vehicle accident, when the defendant failed to stop and rear-ended the plaintiffs' vehicle. The plaintiffs are seeking a judgment of at least $100,000.
Case number: 08-C-1383
Alex G. McCune vs. Timothy Lineweaver and Jennifer Lynn Lemay
PA - W. Richard McCune; J - Gray Silver
* The plaintiff claims the defendants defaulted on a Jan. 1, 2008, lease agreement, and they owe at least $36,223.07.
Case number: 08-C-1387
Budi A. Aguilera vs. Harold E. Lafferty
PA - Paul Taylor; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims that the defendant's negligence caused a vehicle accident on Jan. 5, 2007, in Berkeley County, when the plaintiff was trying to make a left turn and she was rear-ended by Lafferty. The plaintiff is seeking at least $50,000.
Case number: 08-C-1394
Dennis E. Teter and Wilma S. Teter vs. General Motors Corp., Bob Trickett Pontiac-Cadillac-Buick-GMC Inc., and General Motors Acceptance Corp. d/b/a GMAC Financial Services
PA - Harry Waddell; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiffs claim the defendants breached the warranties on the new 2008 Sierra Denali 1500 vehicle purchased on April 22, 2008, for $51,575.04. The plaintiffs claim the vehicle experienced transmission problems within the warranty period, but the defendants failed and refused to fix the problem or replace the vehicle. The plaintiffs are seeking the purchase cost and other relief.
Case number: 08-C-1400
Key Equipment Finance Inc. vs. Norwood Inc.
PA - Brian Peterson; J - Gina Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendant defaulted on the terms of a vehicle finance agreement from Oct. 3, 2006, and the plaintiff is seeking at least $139,271.22 plus other relief.
Case number: 08-C-1401
Foxy Lady Gentlemen's Club Inc. and Nelson Clark Sr. vs. Deborah S. Curtis, Wilbur Alger, Daniels Addition Land Development Corp., Charles Neff and Ruth Haines
PA - Floyd Sayre; J - Gray Silver
* The plaintiffs claim the defendants conspired to defraud Clark and other shareholders; changed the club's lease to be placed in their names; made fraudulent trespassing claims to Berkeley County sheriff's deputies and had the plaintiff removed from the club in October 2008; and changed the locks on the business. The plaintiffs are seeking the return of the business and all belongings as well as compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 08-C-1402
City Hospital Inc. vs. Ashley Renee Sorrell
PA - Christopher Moore; J - Gray Silver
* The hospital claims Sorrell owes at least $32,872.21 plus interest for a total of $35,564.59 for medical services and supplies provided to her in 2004, 2006 and 2007.
Case number: 08-C-1408
The estate of Michael L. Diaz by Luis R. Diaz, administrator, vs. Teresa Cordero
PA - Terrance Britt; J - Gina Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendant's negligence and failure to maintain control of her vehicle caused an accident on Dec. 26, 2006, on Interstate 81 in Berkeley County. Michael Diaz was a passenger in the vehicle, and the injuries he sustained in the accident were fatal. The estate is seeking an amount of damages to be determined at trial.
Case number: 08-C-1410
CitiMortgage Inc. vs. Jane L. Spencer
PA - Steven Mulrooney; J - Gina Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendant owes at least $74,646.90 plus interest in accordance with a loan agreement from June 23, 2006.
Case number: 08-C-1416