MaryAnne McGinley vs. Cellone Bakery Inc.
PA- Stephen L. Vogrin; J- Recht
* While dining at Abbey's Restaurant on Wheeling Island, McGinley claims she bit into a hard object baked into a cheeseburger bun. Injuries to her teeth and jaw resulted from this incident on May 11, 2007, for which she seeks punitive and compensatory damages.
Case number: 08-C-458
Branch Banking & Trust Company of Virginia v. Joanne Mercer
PA- Christopher R. Moore; J- Recht
* A security agreement was entered; subsequently, the motor vehicle was repossessed and the collateral sold. A deficiency balance of $6,274.87 remains.
Case number: 08-C-460
Michael J. Petros vs. John West c/o Sanitation Dept. and City Council Members
PA- Pro Se; J- Mazzone
* This case claims violations of civil rights during his employment with the City of Wheeling's Sanitation Department, during n the 1990's. He is suing for $80 million.
Case number: 08-C-461
The Cadle Company II Inc. vs. Melissa A. Snyder
PA- Victor O. Buente Jr.; J- Wilson
* A 1993 foreign judgment obtained in, in Jefferson County, Ohio, is filed herewith maintaining full effect.
Case number: 08-C-462
Howard Nelson Jr. and Howard Nelson Sr. vs. Tiffany Lufft
PA-W. Gus Saines; J- Wilson
* Diminished damages to the front of his vehicle are claimed from a collision on Apr. 23, 2007, at N. Huron. Compensatory damages are sought by trial.
Case number: 08-C-463
James Virgil Norwood vs. CSX Transportation Inc.
PA- Robert F. Daley; J- Recht
* Cumulative occupational trauma to his upper extremities is claimed to have resulted in carpal tunnel syndrome for which a jury trial and $500,000 is demanded.
Case number: 08-C-465
Hubert L. Arbogast vs. Continental Casualty Company, Trading as CNA; Valley Supply Company and John Does 1-5
PA- Paul J. Harris; J- Recht
* On the eve of trial in an asbestos action in March 2004, defendants accepted an offer they believe represented policy limits of $1.5 million. During the discovery phase of a bad faith action, counsel discovered that Valley Supply and/or CNA repeatedly provided false, deceptive, and misleading information to the amount of available insurance coverage. It is claimed that Arbogast and others did not nor should they have known the agents were misrepresenting available policy limits until documents were produced. The plaintiffs were fraudulently induced into entering a settlement for an amount far below what was reasonable.
Case numbers: 08-C-466 through 08-C-605
United Bank Inc. vs. Harris R. Whitmire and Kevin M. Whitmire
PA- Paul S. Atkins; J- Mazzone
* A deficiency balance of $18,345.85 remains on a motor vehicle loan agreement, dated on Sept. 15, 2006, for a Ford truck.
Case number: 08-C-606
John William Harris vs. Ethel R. Kriebel
PA- David P. Robinson; J- Wilson
* A collision occurred at the corner of 12th and Eoff, on Dec. 17, 2006, when Kriebel neglected a stop sign. This failure to yield and maintain control are said to have resulted in serious permanent injuries for which compensatory judgment is demanded.
Case number: 08-C-607
S.A. Comunale Company, Inc. vs. Ohio County Development Authority
PA-L. John Argento; J- Gaughan
* A mechanic's lien was filed for subcontractor work provided for the completion of fire protection at the Best Buy store located in Triadelphia for the contract price of $51,626.00.
Case number: 08-C-608