Rhonda Dalton Isaacs, Administratix of the Estate of Clyde Dalton v. Mark Studeny, M.D., St. Mary's Medical Center
PA-Frank Venezia; J-Jane Hustead
* On Dec. 17, 2006, Clyde Dalton went to the Emergency Room at St. Mary's Hospital with complaints of chest pain. He was admitted and underwent a heart catheterization performed by Dr. Studeny. According to the suit, he was released the next day with a diagnosis of chest discomfort of noncardiac origin. That same day, he died at his home. Isaacs is suing the hospital, claiming medical negligence. She is seeking punitive and compensatory damages, including $7,000 for funeral expenses.
Case number: 09-C-32
First Guard Insurance Company, James Vessels v. Tammy Jo Adkins
PA-Robert H. Sweeney; J-David M. Pancake
* Vessels was driving his tractor trailer on Interstate 64 in February 2008 when, according to the suit, Adkins lost control of her vehicle and collided with him. Vessels was insured by First Guard, which paid $24,035 to repair the damage to Vessels' truck. The company is seeking damages in the amount.
Case number: 09-C-33
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit