Rhonda Dalton Isaacs, Administratix of the Estate of Clyde Dalton v. Mark Studeny, M.D., St. Mary's Medical Center
PA-Frank Venezia; J-Jane Hustead
* On Dec. 17, 2006, Clyde Dalton went to the Emergency Room at St. Mary's Hospital with complaints of chest pain. He was admitted and underwent a heart catheterization performed by Dr. Studeny. According to the suit, he was released the next day with a diagnosis of chest discomfort of noncardiac origin. That same day, he died at his home. Isaacs is suing the hospital, claiming medical negligence. She is seeking punitive and compensatory damages, including $7,000 for funeral expenses.
Case number: 09-C-32
First Guard Insurance Company, James Vessels v. Tammy Jo Adkins
PA-Robert H. Sweeney; J-David M. Pancake
* Vessels was driving his tractor trailer on Interstate 64 in February 2008 when, according to the suit, Adkins lost control of her vehicle and collided with him. Vessels was insured by First Guard, which paid $24,035 to repair the damage to Vessels' truck. The company is seeking damages in the amount.
Case number: 09-C-33
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection