THIS JUST IN: Kanawha County
Capital City Auto Auction v. Arthur Hescht doing business as Art's Used Cars
PA – Joseph W. hunter: J – Paul Zakaib
* The plaintiff claims the defendant owes $14,421 for two vehicles – a Toyota Camry and a Ford Mustang. The plaintiff says it has sought payment on several occasions to no avail.
Case number: 09-C-333
West Virginia Insurance Commissioner v. Dennis Macri doing business as Fort Henry Transmission Service
PA – David Ansell: J – Louis Bloom
* The commissioner claims the defendant doesn't carry a workers' compensation policy and is seeking an order from the court prohibiting the defendant from doing business. The plaintiff is also seeking a $720 fine that has been levied on the defendant.
Case number: 09-C-335
West Virginia Insurance Commissioner v. Joe Bennett Plumbing, Inc. and Joe Bennett
PA – William H. Harden: J – Louis Bloom
* The plaintiff claims the defendant does not carry a workers' compensation policy and owes a fine of $902. The commissioner is asking the judge to prevent the defendant from doing business until these matters are settled.
Case number: 09-C-338
Tamorah Miller v. Genesis Healthcare Corp., et al.
PA – Michael J. Fuller Jr.: J – Paul Zakaib
* Miller claims she was injured due to negligent nursing home care through one of the defendant's subsidiary facilities in Follansbee. She is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 09-C-345
William J. Phillips v. Paul A. Beachum, Michael Abshire and Mountain State Wireline LLC
PA – Timothy J. LaFon: J – Charles King
* Phillips alleges he invested more than $500,000 with the defendants to start Mountain State Wireline, then the defendants voted him out of the business. He's seeking damages and legal costs.
Case number: 09-C-348
F. Scott Hunter, M.D. v. Misty Blair
PA – G. Patrick Jacobs: J – Tod Kaufman
* Hunter is an OB-GYN in Charleston who claims Blair owes him $6,392 for services rendered.
Case number 09-C-352
January Wolfe and James Wolfe v. Mary H. McJunkin, M.D.
PA – Paul M. Stroebel: J – Paul Zakaib
* The plaintiffs allege that January had an MRI performed that was read and reviewed by the defendant. The plaintiffs claim the defendant failed to diagnose January as suffering from an acoustic neuroma at the time. They're seeking compensatory damages and legal costs.
Case number: 09-C-354
Ersel Fleming v. Columbia Sussex et al. doing business as Super 8 Motel
PA – Anthony Salvatore: J – Irene Berger
* Fleming claims that while he was staying at a Super 8 Motel in Charleston, he was electrocuted when he went to plug a hairdryer in. He said the shock knocked him against a wall, causing an injury to his shoulder. He's seeking damages.
Case number: 09-C-356
Enterprise Rent-A-Car Company of West Virginia v. Hubert Smith
PA – O. Gay Elmore Jr.: J – Jennifer Bailey Walker
* The plaintiff claims Smith rented a 2007 Hyundai Elantra in Oct. 2008 and wrecked the car, causing $2,088 in damages. The plaintiffs claim Smith is refusing to reimburse them.
Case number: 09-C-380