City Hospital Inc. vs. Tara Ann Brindle
PA - Christopher Moore; J - Gray Silver
* The hospital claims Brindle owes $37,690.32 plus interest for a total of at least $43,130.13 for medical services and supplies provided to her in 2007.
Case number: 09-C-149
Branch Banking & Trust Co. of Virginia vs. Terry Shepherd and Kimberly A. Shepherd
PA - Christopher Moore; J - Gina Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendants failed to make payments in accordance with a loan agreement and now owe $33,131.48 plus interest for a total of at least $34,153.63.
Case number: 09-C-151
Centra Bank Inc. vs. Stinger Sheet Metal Inc., Bee Hive Investments LLC, Leslie J. Hill and Sherry L. Hill
PA - Kenneth Barton; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims the defendants owe at least $500,000, jointly and severally, after failing to meet the terms of a loan agreement from April 2, 2006.
Case number: 09-C-153
Danny Williams d/b/a D. Williams Paving vs. Bryco Bore and Pipe Inc.
PA - Kathy Santa Barbara; J - Gina Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendant has breached a November 2008 contract by failing to pay for paving work that the plaintiff completed. Williams is seeking at least $39,000 and other relief.
Case number: 09-C-157
Roper Brothers Lumber Co. Inc. vs. Hampton Homes LLC, BB&T Collateral Service Corp., Branch Banking and Trust Co. and Workforce West Virginia Unemployment Compensation Division, Legal Section
PA - Michael Briel; J - Gray Silver
* The plaintiff claims Hampton Homes has breached a contract by failing to pay $38,237.27 for lumber and building materials, and the plaintiff is seeking that amount plus other relief.
Case number: 09-C-164
J. Wayne Stotler vs. 84 Lumber Co.
PA - Garry Geffert; J - Gray Silver
* The plaintiff claims the defendant failed to properly credit him for commission earnings throughout his employment at the 84 Lumber Co. in Berkeley County from 2003 to October 2008. He is seeking his unpaid commission wages, liquidated damages and other relief.
Case number: 09-C-173
Winchester Medical Center Inc. vs. Tracy A. Gordon
PA - Christopher McCarthy; J - Gina Groh
* The hospital claims Gordon owes at least $105,072.80 plus $6,055.06 in interest for medical services and supplies provided to her in 2007.
Case number: 09-C-181
Winchester Medical Center Inc. vs. Bruce W. Barrett
PA - Daniel Booth; J - Christopher Wilkes
* The hospital claims Barrett owes at least $47,746.11 plus $4,971.39 in interest for medical services and supplies provided to him in 2007 and 2008.
Case number: 09-C-186
Beneficial Discount Co. of Virginia vs. Jack Alexander, a/k/a Jack D. Alexander Jr., and Pamela C. Alexander
PA - Teresa Fuchs; J - Gina Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendants defaulted on the terms of a loan agreement from Nov. 14, 2004, with the last payment made in May 2007. The plaintiff is seeking at least $25,906.03 plus other relief.
Case number: 09-C-188
Troy Keller vs. Martin Distributing Co. Inc.
PA - William Blake; J - Gina Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendant unlawfully retaliated against him by placing him on probation and later terminating his employment, after he supported a co-worker who wanted to take legal action in regard to sexual harassment claims against a company supervisor. The plaintiff is seeking an amount of relief to be determined.
Case number: 09-C-191