Steven Washington v. DARL, LLC, Pamela Miller, Teto Inc.
PA-Robert M. Losey; J-Hustead
* Washington, who claims he has vision in only one eye, was walking along the corner of 4th Avenue and 15th Street in Huntington when he allegedly fell into an unprotected stairwell that had been covered with a piece of wood. The stairwell belonged to a bar that operates on the corner called Stumbler's. Washington is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-434
Joshua D. Campbell v. Marshall Community and Technical College
PA-Harold Albertson; J-Hustead
* Campbell was an employee of the Marshall Community and Technical College's Cooking and Culinary Institute. He claims that in June 2007 he was sexually harassed by a fellow employee, Donald Dotson. He claims he was fired in August 2007 as a result of his bringing attention to the harassment, a violation of the West Virginia Human Rights Act. He also claims he is owed unpaid wages in the amount of $48,304.08.
Case number: 09-C-435
Brand Scaffold Rental & Erection, LLC v. American Industrial Insulation, Inc.
PA-Shawn R. Romano; J-Hustead
* Brand is a scaffold dismantling, rental and erection company. According to the suit, the company performed three jobs for American Industrial but was never paid for them. The outstanding balance on the invoices totals $50,001.88. The company is seeking compensation in that amount.
Case number: 09-C-437
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note