Steven Washington v. DARL, LLC, Pamela Miller, Teto Inc.
PA-Robert M. Losey; J-Hustead
* Washington, who claims he has vision in only one eye, was walking along the corner of 4th Avenue and 15th Street in Huntington when he allegedly fell into an unprotected stairwell that had been covered with a piece of wood. The stairwell belonged to a bar that operates on the corner called Stumbler's. Washington is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-434
Joshua D. Campbell v. Marshall Community and Technical College
PA-Harold Albertson; J-Hustead
* Campbell was an employee of the Marshall Community and Technical College's Cooking and Culinary Institute. He claims that in June 2007 he was sexually harassed by a fellow employee, Donald Dotson. He claims he was fired in August 2007 as a result of his bringing attention to the harassment, a violation of the West Virginia Human Rights Act. He also claims he is owed unpaid wages in the amount of $48,304.08.
Case number: 09-C-435
Brand Scaffold Rental & Erection, LLC v. American Industrial Insulation, Inc.
PA-Shawn R. Romano; J-Hustead
* Brand is a scaffold dismantling, rental and erection company. According to the suit, the company performed three jobs for American Industrial but was never paid for them. The outstanding balance on the invoices totals $50,001.88. The company is seeking compensation in that amount.
Case number: 09-C-437
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection