Steven Washington v. DARL, LLC, Pamela Miller, Teto Inc.
PA-Robert M. Losey; J-Hustead
* Washington, who claims he has vision in only one eye, was walking along the corner of 4th Avenue and 15th Street in Huntington when he allegedly fell into an unprotected stairwell that had been covered with a piece of wood. The stairwell belonged to a bar that operates on the corner called Stumbler's. Washington is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-434
Joshua D. Campbell v. Marshall Community and Technical College
PA-Harold Albertson; J-Hustead
* Campbell was an employee of the Marshall Community and Technical College's Cooking and Culinary Institute. He claims that in June 2007 he was sexually harassed by a fellow employee, Donald Dotson. He claims he was fired in August 2007 as a result of his bringing attention to the harassment, a violation of the West Virginia Human Rights Act. He also claims he is owed unpaid wages in the amount of $48,304.08.
Case number: 09-C-435
Brand Scaffold Rental & Erection, LLC v. American Industrial Insulation, Inc.
PA-Shawn R. Romano; J-Hustead
* Brand is a scaffold dismantling, rental and erection company. According to the suit, the company performed three jobs for American Industrial but was never paid for them. The outstanding balance on the invoices totals $50,001.88. The company is seeking compensation in that amount.
Case number: 09-C-437
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age