Brian T. Purkey v. Giant Eagle Inc. and GP Mountaineer LLC
PA-John R. Angotti; Judge N/A
* Purkey is seeking compensatory damages against Giant Eagle for injuries he received as a result of Giant Eagle failing to maintain their parking area. Purkey also alleges that Giant Eagle violated BOCA and/or ADA requirements, which constituted negligence.
Case number: 09-C-362
Granville Hospitality v. Wright Development
PA-Michael Kozakewich Jr.; Judge N/A
* Granville Hospitality contracted with Wright Development to construct Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott at the University Town Centre. The contract guaranteed a maximum price of $5,937.552.22 that included all costs, labor and materials. The contract also included a completion date of August 19, 2008. The contractor abandoned work on the project in February 2009. During the first week of February, the property was damaged by vandals and remediation work was paid for by the owner's builder's risk insurer. Replacement contractors found that workmanship provided by the original contractor was intentionally deficient due to poor supervision. Granville Hospitality seeks judgment, including punitive damages, costs and attorney fees, pre and post judgment interest.
Case number: 09-C-363
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Forums allow a chance to interact with Business Court
- Justices say injury was not caused by accident at work
- State Supreme Court affirms Office of Judges decision
- Walker shares her conservative vision for state Supreme Court
- U.S. Chamber urges Tomblin to sign AG 'sunshine bill'