CHARLESTON -- In response to the sluggish economy, recent layoffs, and graduating high school and college students entering the job market, the State Law Library will offer a free Resume Writing Workshop at 6 p.m. Wednesday, June 3.
Sara Thompson, Education and Outreach Services Librarian, will present examples of different types of resumes and explain how and what information should be included to best highlight a job-seeker's skills and experience. She will also discuss how to write a cover letter and proper thank-you response after an interview.
The workshop will be held the State Law Library in Building 1, Room E-404 of the State Capitol Complex. Parking is available at metered spaces near the Cultural Center and the parking structure off Piedmont Road. Parking is free after 5 p.m.
The workshop is free and open to the general public. For information call Sara Thompson at (304) 340-2945.
The State Law Library is part of the Administrative Office of the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia.
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements