CHARLESTON -- In response to the sluggish economy, recent layoffs, and graduating high school and college students entering the job market, the State Law Library will offer a free Resume Writing Workshop at 6 p.m. Wednesday, June 3.
Sara Thompson, Education and Outreach Services Librarian, will present examples of different types of resumes and explain how and what information should be included to best highlight a job-seeker's skills and experience. She will also discuss how to write a cover letter and proper thank-you response after an interview.
The workshop will be held the State Law Library in Building 1, Room E-404 of the State Capitol Complex. Parking is available at metered spaces near the Cultural Center and the parking structure off Piedmont Road. Parking is free after 5 p.m.
The workshop is free and open to the general public. For information call Sara Thompson at (304) 340-2945.
The State Law Library is part of the Administrative Office of the Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia.
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall