Star Connor v. DIRECTV and Skylink LTD
PA – Timothy J. LaFon: J – Louis Bloom
* The plaintiff says she arranged for satellite television to be installed in her home and that crews performing the installation caused several thousands of dollars worth of damage.
Case number: 09-C-983
Charles A. Hager v. CH2M Hill and Mark Whittington
PA – Edward G. Atkins: J – James Stucky
* The plaintiff says he was fired from his job with the defendant company after returning to work after knee surgery related to an on-the-job injury.
Case number: 09-C-984
Emerald A. Reyna and Scott W. Camarillo, individually and as parents and co-administrators of the estate of their late son, Jacob S. Camarillo v. Charleston Area Medical Center, West Virginia University Board of Governors and Ujjal S. Sandhu, M.D.
PA – Frank Armada: J – Paul Zakaib
* The plaintiffs blame the defendants for injuries to Jacob during his birth that eventually led to his death. The plaintiffs say funeral and medical expenses have topped $365,000.
Case number: 09-C-985
Norman Connard v. Edward L. and Carol J. Nelson
PA – Gregory E. Elliott: J – Charles King
* The plaintiff claims the defendants damaged a creek bed he uses to access a piece of property when the defendants were widening their driveway.
Case number: 09-C-996
West Virginia Board of Medicine v. Timothy A. Bolyard
PA – Deborah Lewis Rodecker: J – Tod Kaufman
* The state agency is seeking the $32,489 it cost to conduct proceedings to revoke Bolyard's physician's assistant license.
Case number: 09-C-1002
Jared Hussell v. Physical Exams Inc., Marshall Strawther and Greg Ramella
PA -- Matthew S. Criswell: J - Louis Bloom
* The plaintiff claims he was fired in retaliation for reporting unwanted sexual advances by Ramella, his supervisor.
Case number: 09-C-1007
Robert Vandervort v. Kanawha County Board of Education
PA -- Larry O. Ford: J - Charles King
* The plaintiff says he injured his knee when he slipped in a pool of water in a room at George Washington High School in 2007. The plaintiff was a student there at the time.
Case number: 09-c-1013
Dominique Martinez v. Performance Food Corp. doing business as Long John Silver's, Retta Bass and Mark (last name unknown)
PA -- Matthew S. Criswell: J - Charles King
* The plaintiff is suing for allegedly being fired from her job at Long John Silver's for reporting unwanted sexual advances by Bass.
Case number: 09-c-1014