Clifton Fred Dedrickson vs. Denzil R. Quentrill, an individual and employee or agent of A&S Heating & Cooling LLC, and A&S Heating & Cooling LLC
PA-Charles D. Perfator; J-Spaulding
* Dedrickson says Quentrill was driving a van while working for A&S and owned by A&S when he collided with Dedrickson's Audi on Sept. 22, 2008, on W.Va. 34 near the TA Truck Stop in Teays. Dedrickson says he suffered severe and permanent injuries to his neck, back and the rest of his body. He seeks compensatory damages for pain and suffering, mental anguish, distress, medical expenses past and future and for loss of wages yet to be determined.
Case number: 09-C-162
Cassandra J. Backes and Nicholas J. Backes vs. Yoder Transport Ltd. and Wilbur Miller
PA-William M. Shrewsberry Jr.; J-Stowers
* The Backes claim Miller, who lives in Indiana, was driving a tractor trailer owned by Yoder, based in Indiana, on W.Va. 34 near Teays Valley on June 7, 2007, when he collided with a car driven b Cassandra Backes. He allegedly did not stop and fled the scene, intentionally avoided investigation and withholding evidence. She claims to have suffered severe and permanent injuries including physical pain and suffering, permanent physical impairment, loss of capacity to enjoy life, medical expenses past and future, annoyance, inconvenience and permanent disfigurement. Her husband claims a loss of consortium. They seek joint and several compensatory and punitive damages, attorney fees, costs, interest and other relief.
Case number: 09-C-165
Karen Paulin vs. Rite Aid of West Virginia Inc.
PA-Thomas H. Peyton; J-Stowers
* Paulin says Rite Aid fired her because of a workers' compensation claim and canceled her medical insurance benefits. She seeks compensatory (past and future) and punitive damages.
Case number: 09-C-168
Lavalette Carper Center Inc. vs. Steorts Homebuilders LLC
PA-Janet Smith Holbrook; J-Spaulding
* From August 2008 to January 2009, LCC was the supplier and installer of flooring for Steorts at two homes being built on Tyler Valley Road. LCC says it is owes $8,711.57 plus interest for labor and materials on one of the homes and $4,023.40 plus interest for labor and materials on the second home. It seeks mechanics liens on the properties and claims unjust enrichment. It seeks compensatory and other damages.
Case number: 09-C-172
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note