CHARLESTON -- Spilman Thomas & Battle recently announced attorney rankings in 2009 Super Lawyers.
The objective of the Super Lawyers selection process is to create a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of outstanding attorneys from more than 70 practice areas that can be used as a resource to assist attorneys and consumers in the search for legal counsel.
Polling, research and selection are performed by Law & Politics, a publication of Key Professional Media, Inc. The methodology includes a statewide nomination process, peer review by practice area and independent research.
After receiving excellent rankings from the interviewees, the following Spilman attorneys were named Super Lawyers in West Virginia in their respective fields.
* John F. Allevato: Estate Planning & Probate, Tax and Business/Corporate
* M. Ann Bradley: Environmental
* Kevin L. Carr: Employment & Labor
* T. Randolph Cox: Government Relations, Environmental and Insurance Coverage
* James S. Crockett Jr.: Business Litigation and Environmental Litigation
* William M. Herlihy: Energy & Natural Resources and Business/Corporate
* Eric W. Iskra, Employment & Labor
* Bruce M. Jacobs, Business Litigation, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights and Banking
* Neva G. Lusk, Civil Litigation Defense, White Collar Criminal Defense and Health Care
* Joyce F. Ofsa, Real Estate, Land Use/Zoning and Eminent Domain
* Don C. A. Parker, Insurance Coverage and Civil Litigation Defense
* Niall A. Paul, Civil Litigation Defense, Class Actions/Mass Torts and Employment Litigation Defense
* Arch W. Riley Jr., Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
* James A. Walls, Business Litigation
* Charles L. Woody, Employment & Labor, Business Litigation and Appellate
The following attorneys were named Rising Stars in West Virginia in their respective fields:
* Molly Brock White: Real Estate
* Marey Casey: General Litigation, Insurance Coverage and Personal Injury Defense (Products)
* David R. Croft: Estate Planning & Probate, Business/Corporate and Tax
* Brian C. Helmick: Government Relations
* Andrew B. McCallister: Environmental and Environmental Litigation
* Ellen J. Vance: Employment and Labor
* Richard M. Wallace: Employment and Labor
Spilman Thomas & Battle is a full-service law firm with more than 100 attorneys. Founded in 1864, Spilman has offices in Charleston, Morgantown and Wheeling in West Virginia; Pittsburgh, Pa.; Winston-Salem, N.C.; and Roanoke, Va.
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall