HUNTINGTON -- Huddleston Bolen has announced that a total of 13 of the firm's lawyers were recognized in the 2009 Edition of West Virginia Super Lawyers.
More than one-quarter of the firm's West Virginia lawyers were named either West Virginia Super Lawyers or West Virginia Rising Stars this year.
Lawyers from a variety of practice areas were called out, including energy and natural resources, business litigation, defense of class actions and mass torts, civil litigation, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, business and corporate law, estate planning, and transportation law.
Huddleston Bolen was the only firm in the state to have lawyers recognized in the area of transportation law.
Eight of the firm's lawyers were recognized by the publication as Super Lawyers:
* Fred Adkins was the only lawyer in the State recognized in the area of transportation.
* Dick Bolen and Tom Gilpin were recognized for their work in energy and natural resources.
* J.H. Mahaney was named in the area of business litigation.
* Tom Murray was recognized in mergers and acquisitions.
* Marc Williams was recognized for his work in the defense of class action lawsuits and mass torts.
* Chris Plybon was named in real estate law.
* Bruce Stout was recognized in estate planning and probate.
Five of the firm's lawyers were recognized by the publication as Rising Stars:
* Robert (Booter) Ryan the only lawyer in the State named to the list of Rising Stars in the area of transportation law.
* Eddie Cunningham was named in the area of business and corporate law.
* David Bolen and Todd Meadows were recognized in the area of civil litigation defense. Huddleston Bolen was the only firm in the state to have two lawyers named Rising Stars in this category.
* Audy Perry was named a Rising Star in the area of estate planning and probate.
"We are obviously pleased to have received this recognition by our peers," said Gilpin, chairman of the firm's management committee. "That more than 25 percent of our lawyers were named to the list this year is a testament to the individual and corporate dedication everyone in the firm has to exceeding the expectations of our clients every day."
Huddleston Bolen is a full service law firm representing global corporations, national companies, regional businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals. The firm's 50 attorneys practice in offices located in Huntington and Charleston in West Virginia as well as Ashland and Louisville in Kentucky. Founded in 1871, Huddleston Bolen represents clients in many areas, including banking and finance, health care, insurance, litigation, labor and employment, natural resources, real estate, transportation, and trusts and estates.
For more information on Huddleston Bolen, visit the firm's Web site at www.huddlestonbolen.com.
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection