Edith Beasley and Marvin Beasley vs. Wheeling Island Gaming, Inc. d/b/a Wheeling Island Hotel Casino Racetrack, and Kenco Corporation- General Contractors
PA- Jacob M. Robinson and Adam M. Hanasky; J- Gaughan
* While working as a bartender at the Finish Line, on July 13, 2007, she was struck by an exit sign that hung in an unsecured manner adjacent to the gaming floor. As a direct and proximate result of this workplace construction, compensatory damages are demanded for her injuries.
Case number: 09-C-215
City of Wheeling vs. Gerald Marshall, Linda Marshall, Kenneth Warble (Spouse of Liliau Warble), Estate of Linda Alicino Slaughter; Stephen Alicino (Son of Linda Alcinio Slaughter), Nicole Alicino Weinek (Daughter of Linda Alcinio Slaughter), Lori Valloric (formerly known as Loretta Richardson)
PA- Rosemary Humway- Warmuth; J- Wilson
* An Order is requested for an award of demolition and debris removal fees advanced from the City's general fund for $63,000. If the owners do not have sufficient funds, the City further seeks its right to issue liens.
Case number: 09-C-216
Leslee L. Frazier, Greg S. Frazier, individually, and on behalf of Cody Frazier, a minor vs. Amanda Scott
PA- Christopher J. Regan; J- Mazzone
* On July 18, 2007, Cody Frazier exited his grandfather vehicle at I-470 ball fields and was struck by defendant as he attempted to cross the parking lot. As a direct and proximate result he suffered a grade 5 injury to his spleen and various injuries are reasonably certain to be permanent in nature. Compensatory damages for medical expenses are sought.
Case number: 09-C-217
Nationwide Property & Casualty Insurance Company, as subrogee of John and Tanna Santimarino and John and Tanna Santimarino, Individually vs. Hamilton Beach, Family Dollar Operations Inc., and Family Dollar Stores of WV Inc.
PA- Andrew N. Frye, III; J- Wilson
* A neighbor notified the Wheeling Fire Department that their house was on fire, on Aug. 12, 2007. A countertop was extinguished and Nationwide paid $37,865.19 on the claim. Subrogated recovery is sought.
Case number: 09-C-218
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall