Edith Beasley and Marvin Beasley vs. Wheeling Island Gaming, Inc. d/b/a Wheeling Island Hotel Casino Racetrack, and Kenco Corporation- General Contractors
PA- Jacob M. Robinson and Adam M. Hanasky; J- Gaughan
* While working as a bartender at the Finish Line, on July 13, 2007, she was struck by an exit sign that hung in an unsecured manner adjacent to the gaming floor. As a direct and proximate result of this workplace construction, compensatory damages are demanded for her injuries.
Case number: 09-C-215
City of Wheeling vs. Gerald Marshall, Linda Marshall, Kenneth Warble (Spouse of Liliau Warble), Estate of Linda Alicino Slaughter; Stephen Alicino (Son of Linda Alcinio Slaughter), Nicole Alicino Weinek (Daughter of Linda Alcinio Slaughter), Lori Valloric (formerly known as Loretta Richardson)
PA- Rosemary Humway- Warmuth; J- Wilson
* An Order is requested for an award of demolition and debris removal fees advanced from the City's general fund for $63,000. If the owners do not have sufficient funds, the City further seeks its right to issue liens.
Case number: 09-C-216
Leslee L. Frazier, Greg S. Frazier, individually, and on behalf of Cody Frazier, a minor vs. Amanda Scott
PA- Christopher J. Regan; J- Mazzone
* On July 18, 2007, Cody Frazier exited his grandfather vehicle at I-470 ball fields and was struck by defendant as he attempted to cross the parking lot. As a direct and proximate result he suffered a grade 5 injury to his spleen and various injuries are reasonably certain to be permanent in nature. Compensatory damages for medical expenses are sought.
Case number: 09-C-217
Nationwide Property & Casualty Insurance Company, as subrogee of John and Tanna Santimarino and John and Tanna Santimarino, Individually vs. Hamilton Beach, Family Dollar Operations Inc., and Family Dollar Stores of WV Inc.
PA- Andrew N. Frye, III; J- Wilson
* A neighbor notified the Wheeling Fire Department that their house was on fire, on Aug. 12, 2007. A countertop was extinguished and Nationwide paid $37,865.19 on the claim. Subrogated recovery is sought.
Case number: 09-C-218
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements