Darryl Palmer vs. Berkeley County Board of Education
PA - Pro se; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims the defendant's employees caused him irreparable harm in allegedly attempting to collect money on behalf of Edwards Auction Service. He is seeking at least $1 million for damages, including jail time served and a "lasting scar" on his criminal record. The complaint does not provide specific dates or a clear indication of what Palmer was charged with or how it was connected to a check for the auction service.
Case number: Case number: 09-C-546
Nationwide Property & Casualty Insurance Co. vs. William Ernst
PA - Ryan Marsteller; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendant's negligence caused a vehicle accident on Aug. 5, 2008, causing physical injury to the company's insured customer as well as damage to the driverás vehicle. The plaintiff is seeking at least $53,641.71 in damages.
Case number: 09-C-547
Jefferson Asphalt Products Co. vs. Slonaker Paving LLC
PA - Kenneth Barton Jr.; J - Silver
* The plaintiff claims the defendant owes at least $83,307.16 after failing to pay for asphalt from January to August 2008.
Case number: 09-C-548
City Hospital Inc. vs. Lynda Lee Dehaven
PA - Christopher Moore; J - Groh
* The hospital claims the defendant owes $32,643.34 plus interest for a total of at least $37,222.63 for medical services provided to her in 2007.
Case number: 09-C-550
City Hospital Inc. vs. Nicole Lynn Domer
PA - Christopher Moore; J - Silver
* The hospital claims the defendant owes $26,272.90 plus interest for a total of at least $31,081.09 for medical services provided to her in 2005, 2006 and 2007.
Case number: 09-C-551