Brent Allen Skeens vs. Anderson Equipment Co. and Chris Asbury
PA - J. Michael Ranson; J - Stucky
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for wrongful termination after he was fired on May 15, 2008, for reporting acts of sexual harassment committed by Asbury. He is seeking unspecified damages, including back and front pay and reinstatement, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 09-C-1762
David K. Walker, M.D. vs. Mario Schwabe, M.D., Mario R. Schwabe and Associates PLLC, The Worthington Center Inc, Erik Sams and Dr. Teresa Tracy Wilson
PA - Christopher J. Sears; J - Zakaib
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for breach of contract in failing to pay his insurance premiums totaling $79,503 from 2005 to 2009, and his wages totaling $110,257 from Feb. 6 to Aug. 21. He is seeking unspecified damages, court costs, attorney fees and interest.
Case number: 09-C-1767
Tina Beatty vs. Sheila Sims
PA - pro se; J - Kaufman
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for three months of unpaid rent. Along with judgment for $928.44 and court costs, she is seeking an order removing Sims' personal property from the house.
Case number: 09-C-1769
Matt Darpi and Bridge Climb USA Inc. vs. Paul A. Mattox Jr., P.E., in his capacity as secretary of the Department of Transportation/Division of Highways
PA - D. Adrian Hoosier II; J - Bailey
* The plaintiff is suing the defendant for breach of contract in awarding a contract to another company to begin "bridgewalk" tours of the New River George Bridge despite initially awarding the plaintiffs the contract. Along with unspecified damages, court costs and fees, they are seeking a temporary injunction preventing any company from being awarded the contract except them.
Case number: 09-C-1781
Leah P. Fisher vs. Todd and Savannah Johnson
PA - Harvey Peyton; J - Berger
* The plaintiffs are suing the defendants for nine months unpaid rent. They are seeking judgment in the amount of $7,020 and immediate possession of the property.
Case number: 09-C-1788
Amee Nichole Topping vs. Macy's Department Stores Inc., Estee Lauder Services Inc. and MAC Cosmetics
PA - David L. White; J - Stucky
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for injuries she sustained on Oct. 31, 2007. after using cosmetics manufactured by Estee Lauder and MAC, and sold at Macy's' Barboursville location. She is seeking unspecified damages, court costs and interest.
Case number: 09-C-1789
Maureen and Robert Taylor vs. State Electric Supply Company
PA - Mark L. French; J - Bloom
* The plaintiffs, residents of Newton, are suing the defendants for injuries Maureen sustained on July 10, 2008, after falling down a set of stairs in the defendant's showroom in Charleston. Robert makes a claim for loss of consortium. They are seeking unspecified damages, attorney fees, court costs and interest.
Case number: 09-C-1796