Adam Hill, individually and as the father and next friend of Jakob Hill, a minor vs. Raymond Adkins and Ellen Adkins
PA- Matthew J. Woelfel; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On May 5, 2008, Jakob Hill was riding his bicycle near his home in Milton when the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Adkins, who was also a minor, was riding a motor scooter and collided with Jakob Hill. Adam Hill claims the Adkinses owned the scooter their daughter was riding and their daughter "recklessly failed to maintain a proper lookout for others" and disregarded the safety of others. According to the suit, Jakob Hill suffered serious, permanent bodily injuries that have caused him extreme physical and mental pain and suffering. Adam Hill is suing for compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-914
Montana Lee Marks vs. the City of Huntington
PA- R. Lee Booten II; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On Aug. 1, Marks was driving her vehicle going westbound on 7th Avenue when Huntington Police Officer Ronnie Lusk, while operating a Huntington police car, allegedly ran the stop sign at the intersection near 11th Street and caused the cars to collide. Marks claims after the collision Lusk exited his vehicle and ran from the scene. Soon after, another officer stopped to investigate the accident when Lusk returned, claiming he was chasing a suspect prior to the accident. Marks is suing for medical expenses, pain and suffering, nuisance and inconvenience and loss of wages.
Case number: 09-C-922
William Todd Gibson vs. Ronald D. Bowe, M.D.; Allen J. Holmes, M.D.; and Tamra Aman, D.O.
PA- Donald C. Wandling, Douglas Witten, Robert B. Kuenzel; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Between Nov. 27 and Dec. 10, 2007, Gibson was a patient of Bowe, Holmes and Aman. Gibson claims the defendants negligently disregarded the signs of his developing neurological impairment and as a result, he was required to undergo additional care and was otherwise injured, suffered great pain of body and mind, was caused to incur medical expenses, was caused to lose the normal enjoyment of life and was caused to change his lifestyle due to his injuries. He is suing for compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-923
- Former SC candidate Rowe retiring as circuit judge
- Which way, West Virginia?
- W.Va, other states file reply in Clean Power Plan stay request
- Fighting disability fraud to protect Social Security
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination
- Drug company cuts off supply to Mingo Co. pharmacy
- Justices: Board of review relied on misstatement, mischaracterization
- Man accuses John Skidmore Development of workers’ comp discrimination
- Police officer sues City of Kenova for forcing him to quit
- Woman accuses 3D Construction of discrimination, invasion of privacy