HUNTINGTON —- A woman is suing Green Acres Regional Center after she was attacked by one of its residents.
Sandra Payne was employed at Green Acres as an aide and was assigned to work in one of its cabins, caring and supervising its seven residents, according to a complaint filed Nov. 9 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Payne claims she made various requests that another aide be assigned to one of the cabin's residents, referred to as "M.D." to better control him.
Payne claims M.D. was "a very large man who suffered various mental conditions."
On June 20, 2008, M.D. attacked Payne, grabbing and knocking her to the floor, according to the suit.
Payne claims she was able to crawl from the room, but that there was only one other aide in the cabin at that time who was working with a patient with cerebral palsy. The aide came to her rescue and she was able to exit the cabin with the aide's assistance.
Payne suffered from various injuries, including a torn rotator cuff, torn muscle, torn soft tissue and other injuries to her cervical spine, according to the suit.
Payne is suing for compensatory damages for her injuries. She is being represented by Larry O. Ford of Meyer, Ford & Glasser.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David M. Pancake.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 09-C-894
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age