HUNTINGTON —- A woman is suing Green Acres Regional Center after she was attacked by one of its residents.
Sandra Payne was employed at Green Acres as an aide and was assigned to work in one of its cabins, caring and supervising its seven residents, according to a complaint filed Nov. 9 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Payne claims she made various requests that another aide be assigned to one of the cabin's residents, referred to as "M.D." to better control him.
Payne claims M.D. was "a very large man who suffered various mental conditions."
On June 20, 2008, M.D. attacked Payne, grabbing and knocking her to the floor, according to the suit.
Payne claims she was able to crawl from the room, but that there was only one other aide in the cabin at that time who was working with a patient with cerebral palsy. The aide came to her rescue and she was able to exit the cabin with the aide's assistance.
Payne suffered from various injuries, including a torn rotator cuff, torn muscle, torn soft tissue and other injuries to her cervical spine, according to the suit.
Payne is suing for compensatory damages for her injuries. She is being represented by Larry O. Ford of Meyer, Ford & Glasser.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David M. Pancake.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 09-C-894
- Property owners accuse Chase Bank of interfering with property sale
- Farmers & Mechanica Mutual insurance company sues Elite Cleaners over alleged elevator damage
- Tri-County Tool Rentals accuses customer of not paying money owed under credit agreement
- Property owners accuse contractor of allegedly filing fraudulent lien
- Family of man allegedly killed by state police files wrongful death suit
- Walmart shopper alleges store, two suppliers negligent in slip-and-fall accident
- WVSU official claims he was terminated for objecting to questionable contract
- Apartment developers accused of poor construction for preventing flooding
- Father alleges Oak Hill police caused son's fatal car wreck
- Teen accuses driver allegedly responsible for car wreck of causing injuries