Demeley W. Greene Phillips, personal representative of the Estate of Jack R. Phillips vs. HRWV Huntington, Inc. d/b/a Heritage Center; and Genesis Healthcare Corporation
PA- Andrew L. Paternostro, Jeff D. Stewart; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On Jan. 6 Mr. Phillips was admitted to Heritage Center. Mrs. Phillips claims during her husband's stay, he suffered serious injuries from a pattern of poor care, neglect and abuse until his death on Jan. 17. Mrs. Phillips is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 09-C-1013
Erie Insurance Property & Casualty Company, and Palace Properties, LLC vs. 84 Lumber Company
PA- Teresa A. Kleeh, Peter Raupp, Chad Lovejoy; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On Jan. 4, 2008, employees of 84 Lumbar installed insulation in the attic of a building owned by Palace Properties. According to the suit, the insulation was flammable and the 84 Lumbar employees were known to smoke cigarettes while installing insulation. Between Jan. 4 and 5 the building caught fire. The plaintiffs claim the fire did approximately $250,000 damage. Erie Insurance paid $249,738.41 to Palace Properties for the damages. They are seeking compensatory damages in this amount.
Case number: 09-C-1018
Maureen Ibrahim vs. Cabell Huntington Hospital, Inc., a West Virginia corporation
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Travis A. Griffith; J- David M. Pancake
* On Jan. 15, 2008, Ibrahim parked her car in a handicapped parking space to assist her husband for a scheduled appointment when she slipped and fell on the icy handicapped parking area and sustained severe and permanent injuries. Ibrahim claims she suffered injury to her left leg, left knee, left hip and back. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-1023
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note