Demeley W. Greene Phillips, personal representative of the Estate of Jack R. Phillips vs. HRWV Huntington, Inc. d/b/a Heritage Center; and Genesis Healthcare Corporation
PA- Andrew L. Paternostro, Jeff D. Stewart; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On Jan. 6 Mr. Phillips was admitted to Heritage Center. Mrs. Phillips claims during her husband's stay, he suffered serious injuries from a pattern of poor care, neglect and abuse until his death on Jan. 17. Mrs. Phillips is seeking compensatory and punitive damages.
Case number: 09-C-1013
Erie Insurance Property & Casualty Company, and Palace Properties, LLC vs. 84 Lumber Company
PA- Teresa A. Kleeh, Peter Raupp, Chad Lovejoy; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On Jan. 4, 2008, employees of 84 Lumbar installed insulation in the attic of a building owned by Palace Properties. According to the suit, the insulation was flammable and the 84 Lumbar employees were known to smoke cigarettes while installing insulation. Between Jan. 4 and 5 the building caught fire. The plaintiffs claim the fire did approximately $250,000 damage. Erie Insurance paid $249,738.41 to Palace Properties for the damages. They are seeking compensatory damages in this amount.
Case number: 09-C-1018
Maureen Ibrahim vs. Cabell Huntington Hospital, Inc., a West Virginia corporation
PA- Todd S. Bailess, Travis A. Griffith; J- David M. Pancake
* On Jan. 15, 2008, Ibrahim parked her car in a handicapped parking space to assist her husband for a scheduled appointment when she slipped and fell on the icy handicapped parking area and sustained severe and permanent injuries. Ibrahim claims she suffered injury to her left leg, left knee, left hip and back. She is seeking compensatory damages.
Case number: 09-C-1023
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published