Michele Zane vs. CSA Fraternal Life and Gary A. Castricone
PA- Barry Hill; William G. Petroplus; J- Recht
* Mr. Zane was issued a policy in March 2007 by Slovene for $10,000; subsequently, Castricone wrote a policy with CSA in November 2007 for $25,000. CSA denied Mrs. Zane's application for benefits and she asks for a judgment on her breach of contract.
Case number: 10-C-5
State of West Virginia, ex- rel., West Virginia Department of Health and Human Services, Bureau for Child Support Enforcement vs. Shawn M. Murphy, Sr. and Laurie Ann Murphy and Estate of Shawn M. Murphy, Jr. By Security National Trust Company
PA- Pamela S. Paith; J- Mazzone
* BCSE moves this Court for an Injunction prohibiting the Estate from disbursing any funds which would otherwise be subject to inheritance by Shawn Murphy, Sr., asserting his support arrears of $35,742.96, are owed for periods through September 30, 2008.
Case number: 10-C-6
William D. Robertson, D.D.S., M.S., vs. vs. Douglas Neil Robertson, D.D.S., M.S. in their capacity as members of Drs. Robertson & Robertson, PLLC
PA- Melvin F. O'Brien; J- Mazzone
* Plaintiff owned 100 percent of the firm when it was originally founded but sold 50 percent to his son, in 2007, on an installment five-year term basis. Fundamental disagreements concerning the management and operation of the firm have arisen that frustrate the economic purpose rendering it impracticable for the firm to carry on its business. A judicial decree dissolving the firm is deemed appropriate.
Case number: 10-C-7
Jeannie Geiser, as Administratrix of the Estate of Jacob Geiser, Deceased, and Jeannie Geiser, individually vs. Simplicity, Inc. a/k/a Simplicity for Children, SFCA, Inc.
PA- Ronald W. Zavolta; J- Gaughan
* Jacob Geiser died by strangulation on Jan. 15, 2008, when the negligently designed crib separated from the headboard causing Geiser's head and neck to be wedged between the rail and headboard. The direct and proximate result of sustained injuries resulted in the infant's death. Defendants failed to adequately warn purchasers of the risks and dangers associated with the intended use of the crib.
Case number: 10-C-13
Katherine Karras vs. Colten Wise and Gary Wise
PA- Ronald W. Zavolta; J- Mazzone
* Karras was rear-ended on National Road by defendant Colten Wise. The negligence committed on Jan. 8, 2008, is claimed for lasting injuries and judgment is demanded jointly and severally.
Case number: 10-C-8
Desire Clendenning and Ed Clendenning vs. Super 8 Worldwide Inc., Super 8 Motel dba Rohan Investment LLC dba Nirvi LLC and Akshay S. Sham
PA- Teresa C. Toriseva; J- Mazzone
* Plaintiff was on a business trip in Aberdeen, Md.; while staying as a guest at Super 8 she encountered bed bugs in her room. She suffered a severe reaction to the bites over her body and seeks judgment for equitable relief.
Case number: 10-C-9