MORGANTOWN -- A Marion County couple is suing Monongalia General Hospital and one of its physicians, claiming the physician breached and deviated from the applicable standard of care.
On Dec. 31, 2007, Cynthia K. Shuck underwent a laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy performed by Dr. Rita K. Payne, according to a complaint filed Jan. 19 in Monongalia Circuit Court.
Shuck claims during the procedure her bladder was lacerated.
Payne recognized she had injured Shuck's bladder and, in attempting to repair the laceration, injured and damaged her ureter by suturing it to her bladder, according to the suit.
Shuck claims she developed a right ureterovaginal fistula because of the procedure.
Payne breached and deviated from the applicable and accepted standard of care by negligently attempting repairing the laceration, according to the suit.
Shuck claims she has sustained physical pain and suffering, emotional pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and other damages and injuries.
Shuck and her husband, Dennis A. Shuck, are seeking compensatory damages. They are being represented by J. Michael Benninger of Wilson, Frame, Benninger & Metheney.
Monongalia Circuit Court case number: 10-C-33
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall