Sandra Fisher vs. CAMC Teays Valley Hospital Inc.
PA-Frank M. Armada; J-Stowers
* Fisher was admitted to CAMC Teays Valley on Dec. 27, 2007, and later was placed in a chemically induced coma because of the severity of her condition. After extubation, she experienced severe pain and weakness of her right hand and arm. She blames the permanent damage to her right hand and arm to negligence on the part of the defendant. She seeks damages for pain and suffering, permanent damage to her right hand and arm and for the resulting medical treatment past and future as well as the pain and discomfort that keeps her from enjoying a "natural and fruitful life." She seeks compensation in excess of $70,000 for medical expenses and $76,500 for lost income as well as future earning capacity. She also seeks pre- and post-judgment interest and costs.
Case number: 10-C-65
Sidney Allen Jr. and Jody Allen vs. Seth Stinehour, DPM
PA-Frank M. Armada; J-Spaulding
* Sidney Allen went to Stinehour with heel pain diagnosed as plantar fascitis. On Jan. 14, 2008, Allen says Stinehour performed unnecessary sugery on his heels and feet without offering alternative treatment. He says he now suffers pain and discomfort and has a permanent limp. He and his wife seek compensation for past, present and future damages and injuries as well as pre- and post-judgment interest and other relief.
Case number: 10-C-71
Foster Supply Inc. vs. Raleigh Hardware
PA-Mary K. Prim; J-Stowers
* Foster Supply, based in Scott Depot, says Raleigh Hardware, located in Mabscott in Raleigh County, owes more than $8,000 on a contract for materials and supplies. They seek the $8,084.50 plus interest, pre- and post-judgment interest, collection costs including attorney fees and other relief.
Case number: 10-C-72
Trinity Rebar and Concrete Supplies LLC vs. Raleigh Hardware Company Inc dba RHC Supply
PA-Richard E. Holtzapfel; J-Stowers
* Trinity, based in Putnam County, says Raleigh Hardware in Mabscott owes $20,578.53 for materials purchased.
Case number: 10-C-73
Tami Coles and Travis Coles vs. Melissa Cole, Auxihealth, later known as Harden Health Care, a subsidiary of Trisun Healthcare LLC
PA-W. Michael Frazier; J-Spaudling
* The Coles, who live in Kanawha County, allege the Putnam County-based defendants forced her to prematurely deliver their baby when Tami Coles was involved in an automobile accident with Cole, who worked for Auxihealth. They seek resulting medical expenses for Tami Coles and their premature son Jonathan of more than $125,000. They also seek future medical expenses.
Case number: 10-C-74
Bradley McDaniel vs. Creek Side Cafe LLC dba Creek Side Cafe and Matthew Wagner
PA-Damon L. Ellis; J-Stowers
* McDaniel says Wagner was an underage customer at Creek Side Cafe on March 21, 2009, when Wagner hit him causing serious and permanent injuries. He seeks compensatory damages for economic losses, including past and future medical bills. He also seeks punitive damages, pre- and post-judgment interest and other relief, including attorney fees.
Case number: 10-C-75