This Just In
Mary Jones vs. Ranson Police Department
PA- Christopher P. Stroech; J- Sanders
* On March 4, 2006, Ranson Police allegedly stopped a suspicious vehicle in Jefferson County and performed a search of the vehicle and both occupants. The passenger, Kenneth E. Taylor, was in possession of a black Kel-Tec 9mm semi-automatic hand gun. Taylor was later charged with various offenses and the hand gun was seized as evidence. The gun belongs to the Plaintiff, Mary Jones. Criminal proceedings for Taylor lasted three years. Upon the conclusion of proceedings, Jones asked for her gun to be returned, multiple times. These requests went unanswered for many months, until it was determined that the department lost or allowed the gun to be stolen. The Plaintiff is requesting property value, loss of use damages, and other general damages.
Case number: 10-C-121
- U.S. Chamber urges Tomblin to sign AG 'sunshine bill'
- Couple accuse General Motors of selling defective truck
- Landowners cite breach of contract against CLS Group over mineral leases
- Woman accuses Family Dollar of retaliatory discharge
- Nursing home faces suit alleging wrongful death
- Man says he was injured by Jefferson High teacher at school
- Man sues R&R Operations, others for injuries from fall
- Delbarton man accuses Williamson Memorial of HIPAA violations
- Injections necessary for man’s 1986 injury, Justices rule
- U.S. SC sides with states, halts EPA’s Clean Power Plan