CHARLESTON--A former employee is suing Rick Hearn, who is doing business as R&J Specialized Transportation, and Transport Leasing Contract after he claims he did not receive employment wages within 72 hours.
Jeffrey M. Davis was employed by the defendant from Feb. 1 until Feb. 15, according to a complaint filed April 16 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Davis claims he did not receive any employment wages until March 30, but even those were not the wages owed in full to him.
The defendants illegally deducted employment wages from Davis' only paycheck, according to the suit.
Davis claims the defendants are in violation of the Wage Payment and Collection Act.
Davis is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. He is being represented by Todd S. Bailess.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Tod J. Kaufman.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 10-C-726
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection