CHARLESTON--A former employee is suing Rick Hearn, who is doing business as R&J Specialized Transportation, and Transport Leasing Contract after he claims he did not receive employment wages within 72 hours.
Jeffrey M. Davis was employed by the defendant from Feb. 1 until Feb. 15, according to a complaint filed April 16 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Davis claims he did not receive any employment wages until March 30, but even those were not the wages owed in full to him.
The defendants illegally deducted employment wages from Davis' only paycheck, according to the suit.
Davis claims the defendants are in violation of the Wage Payment and Collection Act.
Davis is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. He is being represented by Todd S. Bailess.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Tod J. Kaufman.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 10-C-726
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall