WINFIELD -- The City of Hurricane and the Hurricane Sanitary Board are suing the Denzel M. McGrew Revocable Trust and an individual for refusing to pay stormwater fees.
Denzel M. McGrew and the Denzel M. McGrew Revocable Trust are owners of tracts of land situated in the Scott District in Putnam County within the stormwater shed as designated by the City of Hurricane, according to a complaint filed April 30 in Putnam Circuit Court.
The defendants have refused to pay the applicable stormwater fees to the plaintiffs, despite repeated requests, according to the suit.
The City of Hurricane and the Hurricane Sanitary Board are seeking judgment in the amount of $3,029.40, representing the principal balance owed, and pre- and post-judgment interest. They are being represented by Ronald J. Flora.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Phillip Stowers.
Putnam Circuit Court case number: 10-C-159
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements