WINFIELD -- The City of Hurricane and the Hurricane Sanitary Board are suing the Denzel M. McGrew Revocable Trust and an individual for refusing to pay stormwater fees.
Denzel M. McGrew and the Denzel M. McGrew Revocable Trust are owners of tracts of land situated in the Scott District in Putnam County within the stormwater shed as designated by the City of Hurricane, according to a complaint filed April 30 in Putnam Circuit Court.
The defendants have refused to pay the applicable stormwater fees to the plaintiffs, despite repeated requests, according to the suit.
The City of Hurricane and the Hurricane Sanitary Board are seeking judgment in the amount of $3,029.40, representing the principal balance owed, and pre- and post-judgment interest. They are being represented by Ronald J. Flora.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Phillip Stowers.
Putnam Circuit Court case number: 10-C-159
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published