WINFIELD -- The City of Hurricane and the Hurricane Sanitary Board are suing the Denzel M. McGrew Revocable Trust and an individual for refusing to pay stormwater fees.
Denzel M. McGrew and the Denzel M. McGrew Revocable Trust are owners of tracts of land situated in the Scott District in Putnam County within the stormwater shed as designated by the City of Hurricane, according to a complaint filed April 30 in Putnam Circuit Court.
The defendants have refused to pay the applicable stormwater fees to the plaintiffs, despite repeated requests, according to the suit.
The City of Hurricane and the Hurricane Sanitary Board are seeking judgment in the amount of $3,029.40, representing the principal balance owed, and pre- and post-judgment interest. They are being represented by Ronald J. Flora.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Phillip Stowers.
Putnam Circuit Court case number: 10-C-159
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall