This Just In
George Willoughby vs. Oakwood Mobile Homes
PA- R. Stephen Jarrell; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On Nov. 15, 2008, Willoughby entered into a contract with American Home Inspectors & Engineering Assessments to have the foundation of his mobile home inspected for compliance with the prescriptive requirements of FHA/HUD. The inspection found that the foundation system was not in compliance with FHA/HUD, according to the suit. Willoughby claims because of the defendant's negligence, he has sustained damages for the cost to set the foundation properly and repair the damages to the mobile home. He is seeking damages to be determined at trial with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-386
Motion Industries, Inc. vs. Tower Logistics, LLC
PA- Ryan Marsteller; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Motion Industries sold and delivered goods and/or provided services to the defendant in a series of transactions beginning in June 2008. It claims Tower Logistics failed and refused to pay for the goods and services and owes $49,660.67. Motion Industries is seeking damages in the amount of $49,660.67 with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-388
Kathy Smith vs. Marshall University Board of Governors
PA- William S. Druckman, Madonna C. Estep; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On April 16, 2008, the defendant performed surgery on Smith. Smith claims the defendant was negligent in its care and treatment of her by failing to convert from a laparoscopic procedure to an open procedure prior to placing clips and impinging on the common duct by placing clips too close to the common duct. She is seeking damages to be determined by a jury along with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-395
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work