HUNTINGTON -- A Bardstown, Ky., woman is suing Wendy's after she was injured in its Barboursville location.
On May 13, 2008, Deborah Hicks was at Wendy's when she slipped and fell on a liquid substance in the restroom floor, causing injuries, according to a complaint filed May 12 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Hicks claims the defendant had a duty to maintain its premises in a reasonably safe condition and/or provide sufficient notice and reasonable warning of dangerous and hazardous conditions and failed to do so.
As a result of the defendant's negligence, Hicks was seriously and severely injured, according to the suit.
Hicks claims the defendant knew or should have known of the hazardous condition.
Hicks is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by R. Matthew Vital and Matthew R. Oliver.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David M. Pancake.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 10-C-370
- U.S. Chamber urges Tomblin to sign AG 'sunshine bill'
- Man says he was injured by Jefferson High teacher at school
- Man sues R&R Operations, others for injuries from fall
- Delbarton man accuses Williamson Memorial of HIPAA violations
- Injections necessary for man’s 1986 injury, Justices rule
- U.S. SC sides with states, halts EPA’s Clean Power Plan
- Law firm continues free Valentine's Day divorce for eighth year
- Motorist sues for alleged negligence in collision
- Suit against Hampton Inn alleges bug infestation
- Auto wholesaler seeks to move sexual harassment claim to federal court