HUNTINGTON -- A Bardstown, Ky., woman is suing Wendy's after she was injured in its Barboursville location.
On May 13, 2008, Deborah Hicks was at Wendy's when she slipped and fell on a liquid substance in the restroom floor, causing injuries, according to a complaint filed May 12 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Hicks claims the defendant had a duty to maintain its premises in a reasonably safe condition and/or provide sufficient notice and reasonable warning of dangerous and hazardous conditions and failed to do so.
As a result of the defendant's negligence, Hicks was seriously and severely injured, according to the suit.
Hicks claims the defendant knew or should have known of the hazardous condition.
Hicks is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by R. Matthew Vital and Matthew R. Oliver.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David M. Pancake.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 10-C-370
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall