HUNTINGTON -- A Bardstown, Ky., woman is suing Wendy's after she was injured in its Barboursville location.
On May 13, 2008, Deborah Hicks was at Wendy's when she slipped and fell on a liquid substance in the restroom floor, causing injuries, according to a complaint filed May 12 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Hicks claims the defendant had a duty to maintain its premises in a reasonably safe condition and/or provide sufficient notice and reasonable warning of dangerous and hazardous conditions and failed to do so.
As a result of the defendant's negligence, Hicks was seriously and severely injured, according to the suit.
Hicks claims the defendant knew or should have known of the hazardous condition.
Hicks is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by R. Matthew Vital and Matthew R. Oliver.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David M. Pancake.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 10-C-370
- Suit claims Marcum & Associates owes sum for unpaid goods
- Suit claims University Physicians and Surgeons failed to pay employees in timely manner
- Morrisey, Texas AG urge feds before climate summit
- Chester mayor challenges city council bid of negligence
- Owners of modular home accuse manufacturer of negligence
- Inmate says Charleston officers used racial slurs, excess force
- Railroad worker says logging firm negligent in hiring
- Wyoming Co. miner accuses coal mines of harmful safety violations
- Winfield files petition over rejection of annexation request
- AG announces mobile office hours for December