Bayer Heritage Credit Union, a corporation vs. Russell L. Rice, Jr.
PA- E. Taylor George; J- Hummel
* On Oct. 26, 2007, defendant borrowed $27,373.16, secured by a 2004 GMC Sierra. On June 23, 2008, a $13,721.73 loan was secured with a 2004 Harley Davidson motorcycle. The securities for these loans were repossessed and sold at public auction. Judgment is demanded for the outstanding balance of $22,122.35.
Case number: 10-C-91
Pamela K. Myers and Jack Myers vs. April Ostrander
PA- Jeremy M. McGraw; J- Hummel
* On the Jefferson Extension, in Moundsville, defendant drove into the side of a vehicle driven by Pamela Myers. The Sept. 23, 2008, incident was the direct and proximate result of injuries she suffered to her head. Compensatory and general damages are sought for medical and hospital expenses.
Case number: 10-C-93
Sener Calis vs. Consol Energy, Inc.
PA- Jeffrey A. Grove; J- Hummel
* The plaintiff was 66 years of age and an industrial engineering manager earning an annual salary of $113,275. His employment began in January 1971 and ended on Nov. 17, 2009. His termination was claimed due to the Company's reorganization including the elimination of certain positions. Although a number of industrial engineers were hired in the weeks prior to his termination, none of these new hires were selected for termination. The defendant's conduct in failing to pay plaintiff the retirement benefits as promised in 2005 further constitute a breach of contract. Full compensation for all damages is demanded.
Case number: 10-C-95
A & B Auto Sales, Inc., Michael Ferns, Sr. And Michael Ferns, Jr. vs. United Bank, Inc., a West Virginia Corporation and Anna M. Carter
PA- Theodore L. Tsoras; J- Karl
* Plaintiffs entered a floor financing agreement in which defendant United gave loan advances against collateral (new and used automobiles). United performed monthly floor plan inspections, among other duties, verifying the collateral and detect any irregularities. Based upon information and belief, Carter embezzled in excess of $550,000. Compensatory and punitive damages in excess of five million dollars are demanded.
Case number: 10-C-96
West Virginia National Auto Insurance Company vs. Lisa Deann Simms
PA-Natalie A. Givan; J- Hummel
* On April 18, 2009, Simms was traveling at a higher than appropriate rate of speed near the Dragon Mart parking lot in Cameron. She was unable to stop and struck the vehicle owned by operated by Gwen Wood. Plaintiff claims compensatory damages in the amount of $7,201.83. This reflects direct payments by Wood ($300) and by West Virginia National Auto ($6,999.33) on behalf of the insured as a result of the collision.
Case number: 10-C-99