CHARLESTON -– Jackson Kelly has announced that 18 of the firm's West Virginia lawyers have been rated in the Chambers USA "2010 Guide to America's Leading Business Lawyers."
Chambers also rated four of the firm's practice areas Rank 1 in West Virginia. They are: Corporate/Commercial, Litigation: General Commercial, Natural Resources and Real Estate. Also recognized was Jackson Kelly's Labor & Employment Practice Group.
The lawyers ranked in the Chambers USA 2010 Guide for West Virginia are:
* Ellen Cappellanti (Corporate/Commercial)
* Charles Dunbar (Corporate/Commercial: Banking & Finance)
* A.L. Emch (Litigation: General Commercial)
* David Flannery (Natural Resources: Environment)
* Robert Fluharty (Real Estate)
* Samme Gee (Corporate/Commercial)
* Thomas J. Hurney Jr. (Litigation: Healthcare)
* Stephen LaCagnin (Litigation: General Commercial)
* Charles W. Loeb, Jr. (Real Estate)
* Elizabeth O. Lord (Corporate/Commercial)
* Erin E. Magee (Labor & Employment)
* Robert G. McLusky (Natural Resources: Environment)
* Louis S. Southworth II (Corporate/Commercial: Tax)
* Daniel Stickler (Litigation: General Commercial)
* James W. Thomas (Corporate/Commercial: Healthcare)
* Robert Tweel (Corporate/Commercial: Tax)
* Taunja Willis-Miller (Corporate/Commercial: Healthcare)
* Roger Wolfe (Labor & Employment)
The rankings are based upon the recommendations of clients and lawyers throughout the United States. Law firms and individual lawyers are ranked on a scale of 1-6, with an additional ranking awarded to those considered up and coming and for lawyers with exceptional recommendations in their field. Attorneys are ranked on qualities such as technical ability, professional conduct, commitment, client service and commercial awareness.
Chambers and Partners, based in London, produce the annual "Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers." Top firms and top attorneys are ranked and their merits described -- usually in the words of clients the publisher has interviewed. For more information, visit www.chambersandpartners.com.
Jackson Kelly represents global corporations, national companies, entrepreneurs and individuals in areas of law such as environmental, business, labor and employment, federal and state workers' compensation, civil litigation and occupational safety and health. The firm has offices in West Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Colorado and the District of Columbia.