Jeremy Barnette vs. Green Global LLC
PA - Michael Walker; J - Nibert
* The plaintiff, a Pomeroy, Ohio resident is suing the defendant, a Penn. business, for injuries he sustained on Feb. 26 when he fell 15 feet off a rock shaker at the defendant's Letart facility. He is seeking unspecified damages.
Case number: 10-C-39
Randy Montgomery vs. Appalachian Power Company, American Electric Power Company Inc., Scott Wellman, Bill Cummings and Charles G. Matthews
PA - Mark Atkinson; J - Nibert
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for wrongful termination after he was terminated on Nov. 1 after 23 years of employment. He is seeking unspecified damages, including lost wages and front and back pay, interest, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number: 10-C-53
Linda K. Gillispie vs. Indiana Michigan Power Company d/b/a American Electric Power
PA - Thomas H. Peyton; J - Nibert
* The plaintiff, a Milton resident, is suing the defendant for injuries she sustained on Oct. 2 while working as a cook on board the vessel Captain John Reynolds. She seeks unspecified damages, interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 10-C-54
Megan M. Stewart vs. Bayer Corporation, Bayer Healthcare LLC, Bayer Healthcare AG, Bayer Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Bayer Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Berlex Laboratories, Inc. and Berlex Inc.
PA - Tonya Hunt; J - Nibert
* The plaintiff, a Point Pleasant resident, is suing the defendants for product liability in failing to warn her about the side effects of taking the birth control pill, YAZ, which led first to failure of her gall bladder, and later to attempt suicide. She seeks unspecified damages, court costs and attorneys fees.
Case number: 10-C-55
Eva Robbins vs. Jerry Coe
PA - Pro se; J - Nibert
* The plaintiff, a Point Pleasant resident, is suing the defendant, her neighbor, for $550 to buy a new Yorkie after hers was killed by Coe's dog on March 22. Robbins is appealing a magistrate's decision finding she failed to prove the cost of the Yorkie, but ordered Coe to pay the veterinary bill for injuries Robbins' Poodle sustained from the attack.
Case number: 10-C-63
Lawrence B. Vaughan vs. Amherst Madison Inc. f/k/a Madison Coal and Supply Co., Inc.
PA - James Casey; J - Nibert
* The plaintiff, a Letart resident, is suing the defendant for injuries he sustained on June 6, 2007, while working as a deckhand on the Amherst Madison. He seeks unspecified damages, interest and attorney fees.
Case number: 10-C-67