CHARLESTON -- A Charleston couple is suing an insurance company and Moses Cadillac Buick GMC Truck for vehicle insurance that was not transferred to a new vehicle after purchase.
Randall McCoy and Patsy McCoy traded in their 2006 Toyota Tundra for a Cadillac Escalade, according to a complaint filed June 1 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
The McCoys advised Moses' representative that the vehicle was insured by Hartford Insurance Company, according to the suit.
The couple claims Muses was to arrange for financing of the purchase and transfer of the insurance coverage from the Toyota Tundra to the Cadillac Escalade.
On Dec. 25, 2008, the Escalade was damaged when a tree fell on the vehicle, according to the suit.
The McCoys claim they contacted Hartford Insurance and were told the vehicle insurance coverage had not been transferred from the Tundra to the Cadillac.
The McCoys are seeking compensatory damages. They are being represented by Larry O. Ford.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Paul Zakaib Jr.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 10-C-978
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall