Sentry Select Insurance Co., as subrogee of Opequon Motors, vs. Melinda D. Lowe
PA - Richard McGervey; J - Groh
* The plaintiff claims the defendant embezzled $116,010.90, and she was convicted of one felony offense of embezzlement on Dec. 11, 2008. The plaintiff is now seeking at least $100,000 plus interest.
Case number: 10-C-443
Michael Lance and Margaret Lance vs. Kenneth Boyle
PA - Dale Buck; J - Silver
* The plaintiffs claim the Michael Lance was severely and permanently injured when he was attacked by the defendant's pit bull on May 29, 2009, and the plaintiffs are seeking an amount of relief to be determined.
Case number: 10-C-444
Fia Card Services NA vs. Donald L. Miller
PA - Steven Mulrooney; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff claims the defendant owes at least $40,611.21 plus interest in accordance with an overdue account.
Case number: 10-C-448
Rector & Visitors UVA Medical Center vs. Gerald Randall Dehaven
PA - Peter Hetzel; J - Wilkes
* The plaintiff was awarded a total judgment of $80,932.54 plus interest for overdue payments. The judgment was issued May 28, 2010, in the circuit court of Albemarle County, Va., and the foreign judgment notice was filed in Berkeley County Circuit Court.
Case number: 10-C-472
Shawn M. Smith vs. James Akers d/b/a Akers Construction and Robert D. Owens
PA - Ronald Harman; J - Silver
* The plaintiff claims he suffered a traumatic leg injury and other injuries on June 18, 2008, when he was working for the defendants at a home construction site in Falling Waters and a floor joist gave way. He claims the defendants were negligent and failed to provide him with a safe workplace, and he has incurred more than $80,000 in medical expenses. He is seeking an undetermined amount of relief.
Case number: 10-C-474