CHARLESTON -- A Sissonville woman is suing Slack Group after she was injured by a live electrical wire.

On July 4, 2009, Cathy Seabolt was walking through the defendant's trailer park to visit one of the homes when she was shocked by a live electrical wire, according to a complaint filed June 10 in Kanawha Circuit Court.

Seabolt claims the defendant was negligent in failing to shut the electricity off of the live wire and keep the trailer park free of dangerous electrical materials.

Slack Group "did not use due or reasonable care under the circumstances by failing to maintain their premises as it was foreseeable that a live electrical wire could have caused a tenant or their visitor the sustain severe injuries," according to the suit.

Seabolt claims she suffered severe injury to her face, teeth, back, head, feet and other areas of her body.

Seabolt is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by Michelle L. Johnson.

The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Paul Zakaib Jr.

Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 10-C-1051

More News