HUNTINGTON -— Huddleston Bolen has announced that a total of 15 of the firm's lawyers were recognized in the 2010 Edition of West Virginia Super Lawyers.
More than one-third of the firm's West Virginia lawyers were named either West Virginia Super Lawyers or West Virginia Rising Stars this year.
Lawyers from a variety of practice areas were called out, including energy and natural resources, business litigation, defense of class actions and mass torts, civil litigation, mergers and acquisitions, real estate, business and corporate law, estate planning, and transportation law.
Eight of the firm's lawyers were recognized by the publication as Super Lawyers:
* Fred Adkins was recognized in the area of transportation/maritime law, professional liability defense and personal injury defense.
* Dick Bolen was recognized for his work in energy and natural resources as well as real estate law.
* Tom Gilpin was recognized for his work in energy and natural resources, bankruptcy / creditor and debtor rights as well as health care law.
* J.H. Mahaney was named a Super Lawyer in the area of business litigation, energy and natural resources and construction litigation.
* Tom Murray was recognized in mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate finance, and banking law.
* Chris Plybon was named a Super Lawyer in real estate law, energy and natural resources and business / corporate law.
* Scott Sheets was recognized in the area of employment and labor law and employment litigation.
* Bruce Stout was recognized in estate planning and probate, estate and trust litigation and elder law.
Seven of the firm's lawyers were recognized by the publication as Rising Stars:
* Todd Meadows was recognized in the area of civil litigation defense.
* David Bolen was recognized in the areas of civil litigation defense, class action/mass torts and business litigation.
* Ashley French was named a Rising Star in the area of insurance coverage and employment & labor.
* Cindy McCarty was recognized for her work in class action/mass tort litigation, personal injury defense and appellate law.
* Erin Rich was recognized in personal injury defense.
* Eddie Cunningham was recognized business / corporate law, estate planning and tax law.
* Audy Perry was recognized in estate planning, business / corporate law, and non-profit.
"We are obviously pleased to have received this recognition by our peers. That more than 30 percent of our lawyers were named to the list this year is a testament to the dedication everyone in the firm has to exceeding the expectations of our clients," said Tom Gilpin, Chair of the firm's Management Committee.
Huddleston Bolen is a full service law firm representing global corporations, national companies, regional businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals. The firm's attorneys practice in offices located in Huntington and Charleston in West Virginia and in Ashland and Louisville in Kentucky.
Founded in 1871, Huddleston Bolen represents clients in areas, including banking and finance, health care, insurance, litigation, labor and employment, natural resources, real estate, and transportation.
For more information, visit www.huddlestonbolen.com.