In re: The petition and application of Robin E. Shockey, administratrix of the estate of Denzil Wayne Shockey, for permission to settle wrongful death claim
PA – Brent K. Kesner; J – Evans
* The petitioner is asking the court to approve the settlement of wrongful death claim she made against her insurance company, Dairyland, and the insurance company of Kimberly Webb, State Farm, after Denzil Shockey died from injuries sustained in a collision with Webb in Belpre, Ohio on Sept. 28. Shockey is to receive $100,000 from State Farm, $9,000 from Webb personally and $20,000 from Dairyland for underinsured motorist coverage. A portion of the settlement, $25,000, is to pay an ERISA lien filed against the Shockey's health insurance plan following the accident.
Case number: 10-C-103
- Injections necessary for man’s 1986 injury, Justices rule
- U.S. SC sides with states, halts EPA’s Clean Power Plan
- Motorist sues for alleged negligence in collision
- Suit against Hampton Inn alleges bug infestation
- Auto wholesaler seeks to move sexual harassment claim to federal court
- State Farm asks to move liability case from state to federal court
- Law firm continues free Valentine's Day divorce for eighth year
- Former SC candidate Rowe retiring as circuit judge
- Which way, West Virginia?
- W.Va, other states file reply in Clean Power Plan stay request