Ira Anthony Atkinson vs. United Bank
PA – William B. Summers; J- Beane
* The petitioner, a resident of Parkersburg, is asking the court to issue an injunction the respondent halting a foreclosure sale on three properties he co-owns in Parkersburg.
Case number: 10-C-287
Debra D. Barker vs. Mulberry Street Management Services Inc. d/b/a West Virginia Select, CCIL Inc. and Coordinated Council for Independent Living Inc.
PA – Walt Auvil; J – Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for wrongful termination when she was fired on March 22 after complaining to management a co-worker referred to her children as "niggers." Following her termination, the defendants failed to provide her final paycheck within 72 hours. She seeks unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number 10-C-292
Paul A. Williams vs. Big Sandy Furniture Inc., Robert Meredith, Phil Robinson and R and M Delivery
PA – Walt Auvil; J – Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for wrongful termination after he was fired on Jan. 8 for filing a workers' compensation claim following an injury he sustained on Oct. 10. Though he is a West Virginia resident, and his employer, Big Sandy, is a Kentucky corporation, Williams was instructed to file a claim with the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation. He seeks unspecified damages.
Case number: 10-C-293
- Humphreys' firm hit with another legal malpractice claim
- Jackson County residents sue state in roadway dispute
- Pennsylvania man sues developer, alleging breach of agreement
- Woman sues Nitro to stop city from assessing property fees
- Kanawha Co. woman sues after fall on sidewak at St. Francis
- Fayette Co. woman blames Kmart in slip-and-fall suit
- UPDATE: WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- AG's office files diesel engine lawsuit against VW
- Robin Davis is a conflict of interest
- New prevailing wage rates, same old problems