Ira Anthony Atkinson vs. United Bank
PA – William B. Summers; J- Beane
* The petitioner, a resident of Parkersburg, is asking the court to issue an injunction the respondent halting a foreclosure sale on three properties he co-owns in Parkersburg.
Case number: 10-C-287
Debra D. Barker vs. Mulberry Street Management Services Inc. d/b/a West Virginia Select, CCIL Inc. and Coordinated Council for Independent Living Inc.
PA – Walt Auvil; J – Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for wrongful termination when she was fired on March 22 after complaining to management a co-worker referred to her children as "niggers." Following her termination, the defendants failed to provide her final paycheck within 72 hours. She seeks unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number 10-C-292
Paul A. Williams vs. Big Sandy Furniture Inc., Robert Meredith, Phil Robinson and R and M Delivery
PA – Walt Auvil; J – Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for wrongful termination after he was fired on Jan. 8 for filing a workers' compensation claim following an injury he sustained on Oct. 10. Though he is a West Virginia resident, and his employer, Big Sandy, is a Kentucky corporation, Williams was instructed to file a claim with the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation. He seeks unspecified damages.
Case number: 10-C-293
- Disabled woman accuses federal prison where she worked of discrimination
- Drug company cuts off supply to Mingo Co. pharmacy
- Justices: Board of review relied on misstatement, mischaracterization
- Man accuses John Skidmore Development of workers’ comp discrimination
- Police officer sues City of Kenova for forcing him to quit
- Woman accuses 3D Construction of discrimination, invasion of privacy
- Wayne Co. man sues Mountaineer Contractors for breach
- Woman says Nytis Exploration violated state code
- Panel reviews public financing complaints in Supreme Court race
- Steptoe & Johnson will sponsor North American Prospect Expo in Houston