Ira Anthony Atkinson vs. United Bank
PA – William B. Summers; J- Beane
* The petitioner, a resident of Parkersburg, is asking the court to issue an injunction the respondent halting a foreclosure sale on three properties he co-owns in Parkersburg.
Case number: 10-C-287
Debra D. Barker vs. Mulberry Street Management Services Inc. d/b/a West Virginia Select, CCIL Inc. and Coordinated Council for Independent Living Inc.
PA – Walt Auvil; J – Reed
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for wrongful termination when she was fired on March 22 after complaining to management a co-worker referred to her children as "niggers." Following her termination, the defendants failed to provide her final paycheck within 72 hours. She seeks unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees.
Case number 10-C-292
Paul A. Williams vs. Big Sandy Furniture Inc., Robert Meredith, Phil Robinson and R and M Delivery
PA – Walt Auvil; J – Waters
* The plaintiff is suing the defendants for wrongful termination after he was fired on Jan. 8 for filing a workers' compensation claim following an injury he sustained on Oct. 10. Though he is a West Virginia resident, and his employer, Big Sandy, is a Kentucky corporation, Williams was instructed to file a claim with the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation. He seeks unspecified damages.
Case number: 10-C-293
- Suit claims Marcum & Associates owes sum for unpaid goods
- Suit claims University Physicians and Surgeons failed to pay employees in timely manner
- Morrisey, Texas AG urge feds before climate summit
- Chester mayor challenges city council bid of negligence
- Owners of modular home accuse manufacturer of negligence
- Inmate says Charleston officers used racial slurs, excess force
- Railroad worker says logging firm negligent in hiring
- Wyoming Co. miner accuses coal mines of harmful safety violations
- Winfield files petition over rejection of annexation request
- AG announces mobile office hours for December