CHARLESTON -- A woman is suing the West Virginia Regional Jail and Correctional Facility Authority and two correctional officers after she claims she was sexually harassed and abused while she was incarcerated.
An unknown man was also named as a defendant in the suit.
Terri Ricketts was an inmate in the Eastern Regional Jail and during her incarceration, she was sexually harassed and abused by C.O. Kesner and C.O. Bullock, according to a complaint filed Aug. 10 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Ricketts claims the defendants owed a dity to her to provide a reasonably safe confinement facility and a duty to properly hire, trian, retain and supervise its correctional officers.
The jail authority knew or should have known that the correction officers and John Doe failed to comply with the law and standards required by a staff member in their positions, according to the suit.
Ricketts claims she has suffered anxiety; humiliation; annoyance and inconvenience; invasion of privacy; emotional distress; pain and suffering; mental anguish; loss of her ability to enjoy life; future medical and pharmaceutical expenses; and other damages.
Rickets is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. She is being represented by Matthew J. Woelfel.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Carrie Webster.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 10-C-1424
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age