Dora Louise Spurlock and Melvin Spurlock vs. the Kroger Company
PA- R.R. Fredeking II; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On March 5, the Spurlocks pulled into the gas station at Kroger and up to a gas pump. Mrs. Spurlock was injured when she exited the vehicle and walked around to the front in order to clean the windshield when she claims she stepped into a drain hole in the parking lot and did not have a cover. The couple is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-754
Chad Melson vs. Flamos Enterprises Inc. d/b/a Stark Sandblasting & Painting Company; and ABR Services, Inc.
PA- Robert B. Warner, William B. Hicks; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Melson was employed by Flamos Enterprises. On July 16, 2009, Melson claims he was instructed by the defendant to perform power washing work at Marathon's Tank Farm in Kenova when an explosion occurred. Melson is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-760
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published