Dora Louise Spurlock and Melvin Spurlock vs. the Kroger Company
PA- R.R. Fredeking II; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On March 5, the Spurlocks pulled into the gas station at Kroger and up to a gas pump. Mrs. Spurlock was injured when she exited the vehicle and walked around to the front in order to clean the windshield when she claims she stepped into a drain hole in the parking lot and did not have a cover. The couple is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-754
Chad Melson vs. Flamos Enterprises Inc. d/b/a Stark Sandblasting & Painting Company; and ABR Services, Inc.
PA- Robert B. Warner, William B. Hicks; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Melson was employed by Flamos Enterprises. On July 16, 2009, Melson claims he was instructed by the defendant to perform power washing work at Marathon's Tank Farm in Kenova when an explosion occurred. Melson is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-760
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Forums allow a chance to interact with Business Court
- Justices say injury was not caused by accident at work
- State Supreme Court affirms Office of Judges decision
- Walker shares her conservative vision for state Supreme Court
- U.S. Chamber urges Tomblin to sign AG 'sunshine bill'
- Couple accuse General Motors of selling defective truck
- Landowners cite breach of contract against CLS Group over mineral leases
- Woman accuses Family Dollar of retaliatory discharge
- Nursing home faces suit alleging wrongful death