Dora Louise Spurlock and Melvin Spurlock vs. the Kroger Company
PA- R.R. Fredeking II; J- F. Jane Hustead
* On March 5, the Spurlocks pulled into the gas station at Kroger and up to a gas pump. Mrs. Spurlock was injured when she exited the vehicle and walked around to the front in order to clean the windshield when she claims she stepped into a drain hole in the parking lot and did not have a cover. The couple is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-754
Chad Melson vs. Flamos Enterprises Inc. d/b/a Stark Sandblasting & Painting Company; and ABR Services, Inc.
PA- Robert B. Warner, William B. Hicks; J- F. Jane Hustead
* Melson was employed by Flamos Enterprises. On July 16, 2009, Melson claims he was instructed by the defendant to perform power washing work at Marathon's Tank Farm in Kenova when an explosion occurred. Melson is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest.
Case number: 10-C-760
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age
- Former DHHR employee alleges wrongful termination despite approved medical leave
- Kanawha Co. physician sues, alleging his partners forced him out of shares of Day Surgery LLC
- Humphreys' firm hit with another legal malpractice claim
- Jackson County residents sue state in roadway dispute
- Pennsylvania man sues developer, alleging breach of agreement
- Woman sues Nitro to stop city from assessing property fees