POINT PLEASANT -– A Jackson County woman is accusing the staff at a Mason County hospital in the negligent delivery of her baby.
Katie Casto filed suit against Pleasant Valley Hospital in Mason Circuit Court on Sept. 24. In her complaint, Casto alleges staff at PVH failed to provide her proper pre-natal care that resulted in her baby's death shortly after he was born.
In her suit, Casto, 19, a Kenna resident, alleges PVH failed to "adequately diagnose and treat [her], and/or fail[ed] to appropriately and timely deliver Korey Harrison," her son. Also, she alleges PVH failed to monitor Korey's pre-natal condition, and deliver him via Caesarean section.
The suit fails to provide specifics as to when she was a patient at PVH, and when Korey was born. It does state, however, he died on Aug. 30, 2009.
As a result of PVH's negligence, Casto alleges she's suffered "great mental pain and anguish, loss of services, society, guidance and companionship." Also, Casto alleges she's incurred funeral and burial expenses.
Casto seeks unspecified damages, court costs and attorney fees. She is represented by Madonna C. Estep with the Charleston law firm of Druckman and Estep.
The case is assigned to Judge David W. Nibert.
Mason Circuit Court case number 10-C-120
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age
- Former DHHR employee alleges wrongful termination despite approved medical leave