CHARLESTON -- A former South Central Regional Jail inmate is suing the state jail authority and a correctional officer she claims sexually harassed and abused her.
An unnamed man was also named as a defendant in the suit.
During her incarceration, Brittany Light was sexually harassed and abused by C.O. Chandler, a correctional officer at South Central Regional Jail, according to a complaint filed Oct. 26 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Light claims Chandler "visited extreme cruel and unusual punishment" upon her.
Chandler's conduct was "atrocious, intolerable and so extreme and outrageous as to exceed the bounds of decency and so outrageous as to offend community notions of acceptable behavior," according to the complaint.
Light is seeking compensatory and punitive damages. She is being represented by Matthew J. Woelfel.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Louis Bloom.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 10-C-1924
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall