CHARLESTON -- A former employee is suing Management and Training Corp. after she claims she was discriminated against because of her gender and age.
Beverly Williams, the director of the Charleston Job Corps Center for the defendant, also was named as a defendant of the suit.
Frieda Forsley was employed by the defendant and claims her employment was terminated based on her gender and age, according to a complaint filed Nov. 30 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Forsley claims the defendant also created a hostile work environment toward her.
The hostility of the work environment created an atmosphere in which it was impossible for Forsley to perform her duties, according to the suit.
Forsley is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by Shannon M. Bland.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Paul Zakaib Jr.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 10-C-2161
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note