CHARLESTON -- A former employee is suing Management and Training Corp. after she claims she was discriminated against because of her gender and age.
Beverly Williams, the director of the Charleston Job Corps Center for the defendant, also was named as a defendant of the suit.
Frieda Forsley was employed by the defendant and claims her employment was terminated based on her gender and age, according to a complaint filed Nov. 30 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Forsley claims the defendant also created a hostile work environment toward her.
The hostility of the work environment created an atmosphere in which it was impossible for Forsley to perform her duties, according to the suit.
Forsley is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by Shannon M. Bland.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Paul Zakaib Jr.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 10-C-2161
- WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- Neely: Delaware newspaper suit simply 'about money'
- W.Va. Medical Institute sues over claims that a merger caused breach of contract
- Kanawha Co. man accuses former employer of age discrimination
- Worker sues former employer, alleging wrongful termination
- AG seeks subpoena against Jackson Co. door-to-door meat seller
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Charleston woman blames Elder-Beerman for injuries from falling in store
- Woman blames Kmart for slip-and-fall injury over floor mat at store
- Charleston man says he was injured in apartment ceiling collapse