HUNTINGTON -- A Cabell County woman is suing St. Mary's Medical Center after she claims the hospital caused her to suffer injuries.
On Dec. 23, 2008, Kristi Weant was admitted to the hospital because she was suffering from respiratory failure, according to a complaint filed Dec. 16 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Weant claims the defendant failed to exercise a degree of care, skill and learning required or expected of reasonable and prudent health care providers and deviated from the appropriate and acceptable standards of nursing and hospital care.
The defendant was negligent in failing to properly attend to Weant's medical condition by failing to appropriately place and/or monitor an intravenous line in her left hand, according to the suit.
Weant is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by William A. Davis and Nicole DiCuccio.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David M. Pancake.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 10-C-895
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Forums allow a chance to interact with Business Court
- Justices say injury was not caused by accident at work
- State Supreme Court affirms Office of Judges decision
- Walker shares her conservative vision for state Supreme Court
- U.S. Chamber urges Tomblin to sign AG 'sunshine bill'
- Couple accuse General Motors of selling defective truck