HUNTINGTON -- A Cabell County woman is suing St. Mary's Medical Center after she claims the hospital caused her to suffer injuries.
On Dec. 23, 2008, Kristi Weant was admitted to the hospital because she was suffering from respiratory failure, according to a complaint filed Dec. 16 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Weant claims the defendant failed to exercise a degree of care, skill and learning required or expected of reasonable and prudent health care providers and deviated from the appropriate and acceptable standards of nursing and hospital care.
The defendant was negligent in failing to properly attend to Weant's medical condition by failing to appropriately place and/or monitor an intravenous line in her left hand, according to the suit.
Weant is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by William A. Davis and Nicole DiCuccio.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David M. Pancake.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 10-C-895
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall