HUNTINGTON -- A Cabell County woman is suing St. Mary's Medical Center after she claims the hospital caused her to suffer injuries.
On Dec. 23, 2008, Kristi Weant was admitted to the hospital because she was suffering from respiratory failure, according to a complaint filed Dec. 16 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Weant claims the defendant failed to exercise a degree of care, skill and learning required or expected of reasonable and prudent health care providers and deviated from the appropriate and acceptable standards of nursing and hospital care.
The defendant was negligent in failing to properly attend to Weant's medical condition by failing to appropriately place and/or monitor an intravenous line in her left hand, according to the suit.
Weant is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by William A. Davis and Nicole DiCuccio.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David M. Pancake.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 10-C-895
- Former owner of Daily Mail claims Gazette pushed merger without consent
- Woman sues Elder-Beerman, claiming injuries as a result of falling in store
- Kmart sued by woman claiming she was injured in trip and fall
- Man sues claiming traumatic injuries due to the collapse of apartment ceiling
- Woman sues claiming severe injuries from elevator malfunction.
- Charleston man sues debt-collecting law firm for its practices
- Clarksburg woman says city wrongfully listed home to be demolished
- Discrimination case against Andersen Windows goes to federal court
- Age discrimination suit voluntarily dismissed from federal court
- Kanawha Co. apartment owner settles sexual harassment suit