HUNTINGTON -- A Cabell County woman is suing St. Mary's Medical Center after she claims the hospital caused her to suffer injuries.
On Dec. 23, 2008, Kristi Weant was admitted to the hospital because she was suffering from respiratory failure, according to a complaint filed Dec. 16 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Weant claims the defendant failed to exercise a degree of care, skill and learning required or expected of reasonable and prudent health care providers and deviated from the appropriate and acceptable standards of nursing and hospital care.
The defendant was negligent in failing to properly attend to Weant's medical condition by failing to appropriately place and/or monitor an intravenous line in her left hand, according to the suit.
Weant is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by William A. Davis and Nicole DiCuccio.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge David M. Pancake.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 10-C-895
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection