CIVIL FILINGS: Ohio County
Denise Simpson Jan. 7, 2011, 1:10am
Carpet Showcase & Decorating Center LLC vs. Todd Flynn
PA- Robert P. Fitzsimmons; J- Gaughan
* Defendant has breached a contract by failing to make payments to plaintiff. The sum total due since Feb. 2006 is $20,911.78. This amount along with interests and fees is demanded.
Case number: 10-C-417
Scott Csurilla vs. Tractor Supply Company and John Doe Manufacturer
PA- Ronald W. Zavolta; J- Wilson
* Csurilla purchased an ATV ramp from defendant Tractor Supply in 2007. On Dec. 4, 2009, plaintiff had his four- wheeler half way into the bed of the truck when the safety straps snapped and the ATV ramp collapsed causing plaintiff to fall to the ground. Judgment is sought as a direct result of his injuries and damages suffered.
Case number: 10-C-420
Beth A. Coleman vs. Wheeling Jesuit University Inc.
PA- William A. Kolibash; J- Wilson
* Coleman was employed for nine years as a Technical Support Specialist for the CIS department. During the course of her employment, she had problems with her immediate supervisor and requested WJU provide her with a different supervisor. This request was denied. Criticisms to support her unsatisfactory job performance could not be provided during her job evaluations. Subsequently, a letter was sent that effective Oct. 2, 2010 her position would be eliminated due to budget issues. A punitive award is sought for sustained injuries.
Case number: 10-C-422
Elizabeth Grizzel, individually and on behalf of all other similarly situated vs. Northwood Health Systems Inc.
PA- Frank X. Duff; J- Recht
* The defendant employed and discharged the plaintiff and the Class members at its West Virginia facilities at various time from 2005 to 2010. Damages are claimed because Members did not receive their wages and benefits, in full, in a timely manner following their termination.
Case number: 10-C-423
Sterling Jewelers Inc. dba Rogers Jewelers vs. Kevin Shepherd
PA- Steven M. Recht; J- Gaughan
* The balance herein sued for, $8,666.4, is due and owing plaintiff as a result of purchases made.
Case number: 10-C-424