CHARLESTON – A woman is suing Kroger after she claims she was injured when she slipped and fell in the freezer section of the South Charleston store.
On Sept. 7, 2010, Heather Cunningham was near the freezer section when she slipped on water on the floor and fell, according to a complaint filed Jan. 20 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Cunningham claims the defendant failed to maintain a safe floor that was free from water.
As a result of the fall, Cunningham suffered injuries to her right hip and lower back, as well as numbness in her legs, according to the suit.
Cunningham is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by Stephen P. Meyer.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Carrie Webster.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-117
- Marmet citizens file petition to remove mayor from office
- West Virginia committed to combating substance abuse
- A letter to Secretary Kerry
- Morrisey warns of credit, debit chip card email scam
- AG's office urges caution with online holiday shopping
- SDW Electric sued for allegedly unpaid debts
- Workers accuse Republic Energy of firing over safety complaints, age
- Beckley HVAC firm seeks restitution from Norco Construction for unpaid bills
- Repo man seeks possession of final paycheck
- Woman accuses Marion Co. Coal of discrimination, retaliation