CHARLESTON – A woman is suing Kroger after she claims she was injured when she slipped and fell in the freezer section of the South Charleston store.
On Sept. 7, 2010, Heather Cunningham was near the freezer section when she slipped on water on the floor and fell, according to a complaint filed Jan. 20 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Cunningham claims the defendant failed to maintain a safe floor that was free from water.
As a result of the fall, Cunningham suffered injuries to her right hip and lower back, as well as numbness in her legs, according to the suit.
Cunningham is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by Stephen P. Meyer.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Carrie Webster.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-117
- Customer charges Dollar General with ignoring her complaint
- Railway worker sues Norfolk Southern over twisted ankle, claiming negligence
- Daughter sues CAMC, claiming mother fell during treatment
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death