CHARLESTON – A woman is suing Kroger after she claims she was injured when she slipped and fell in the freezer section of the South Charleston store.
On Sept. 7, 2010, Heather Cunningham was near the freezer section when she slipped on water on the floor and fell, according to a complaint filed Jan. 20 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Cunningham claims the defendant failed to maintain a safe floor that was free from water.
As a result of the fall, Cunningham suffered injuries to her right hip and lower back, as well as numbness in her legs, according to the suit.
Cunningham is seeking compensatory damages. She is being represented by Stephen P. Meyer.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Carrie Webster.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-117
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall