HUNTINGTON -- A Putnam County woman is suing a Huntington surgeon after she claims he deviated from the appropriate standard of care during her breast augmentation surgery.
On Feb. 24, 2009, Dr. Michael R. Spindel performed a breast augmentation surgery of Luhresa M. Young, according to a complaint filed Feb. 17 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Young claims Spindel negligently, carelessly and recklessly failed to exercise reasonable care in her treatment.
Spindel failed to properly inform Young of the risks, downplayed negligent care and performed treatment without her consent, according to the suit.
Young claims Spindel also deviated from the appropriate standard of care.
Young is seeking compensatory and punitive damages and pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by James R. Fox.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge F. Jane Hustead.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 11-C-83
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note