HUNTINGTON -- A Putnam County woman is suing a Huntington surgeon after she claims he deviated from the appropriate standard of care during her breast augmentation surgery.
On Feb. 24, 2009, Dr. Michael R. Spindel performed a breast augmentation surgery of Luhresa M. Young, according to a complaint filed Feb. 17 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Young claims Spindel negligently, carelessly and recklessly failed to exercise reasonable care in her treatment.
Spindel failed to properly inform Young of the risks, downplayed negligent care and performed treatment without her consent, according to the suit.
Young claims Spindel also deviated from the appropriate standard of care.
Young is seeking compensatory and punitive damages and pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by James R. Fox.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge F. Jane Hustead.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 11-C-83
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall