HUNTINGTON -- A Putnam County woman is suing a Huntington surgeon after she claims he deviated from the appropriate standard of care during her breast augmentation surgery.
On Feb. 24, 2009, Dr. Michael R. Spindel performed a breast augmentation surgery of Luhresa M. Young, according to a complaint filed Feb. 17 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Young claims Spindel negligently, carelessly and recklessly failed to exercise reasonable care in her treatment.
Spindel failed to properly inform Young of the risks, downplayed negligent care and performed treatment without her consent, according to the suit.
Young claims Spindel also deviated from the appropriate standard of care.
Young is seeking compensatory and punitive damages and pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by James R. Fox.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge F. Jane Hustead.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 11-C-83
- Big Lots delayed distribution of final paycheck, suit alleges
- Triad Engineering sues for payment for services rendered last year
- Babcock Lumber claims Fertig Cabinet owes sum for goods
- Wrongful death charge brought against Eldercare of Jackson County, administrator
- Fayette County man claims fellow employee assaulted him
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published