HUNTINGTON -- A Putnam County woman is suing a Huntington surgeon after she claims he deviated from the appropriate standard of care during her breast augmentation surgery.
On Feb. 24, 2009, Dr. Michael R. Spindel performed a breast augmentation surgery of Luhresa M. Young, according to a complaint filed Feb. 17 in Cabell Circuit Court.
Young claims Spindel negligently, carelessly and recklessly failed to exercise reasonable care in her treatment.
Spindel failed to properly inform Young of the risks, downplayed negligent care and performed treatment without her consent, according to the suit.
Young claims Spindel also deviated from the appropriate standard of care.
Young is seeking compensatory and punitive damages and pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by James R. Fox.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge F. Jane Hustead.
Cabell Circuit Court case number: 11-C-83
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age