CHARLESTON -- A Kanawha County couple is suing Ryan's Restaurant Group after injuries were sustained at the restaurant's facility.
On Feb. 24, 2009, William J. Mellert and Lucie A. Mellert were customers at Ruan's Restaurant Group when Mr. Mellert was hit by water, ice and snow falling from the "un-guttered roof," which caused him to fall face-first into the building, according to a complaint filed Feb. 22 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
The couple claims as a result of falling into the building, Mr. Mellert sustained injuries to his face, head, hands, shoulder, back and leg.
The ice, snow and water were hazards presenting an unreasonable risk of harm and did not have any caution signs warning the plaintiffs, according to the suit.
The couple claims the restaurant had a duty of reasonable care to protect its customers from defective or dangerous conditions existing on its premises.
The Mellerts are seeking compensatory damages. They are being represented by Shawn R. Romano.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Charles E. King.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-290
- Humphreys' firm hit with another legal malpractice claim
- Jackson County residents sue state in roadway dispute
- Pennsylvania man sues developer, alleging breach of agreement
- Woman sues Nitro to stop city from assessing property fees
- Kanawha Co. woman sues after fall on sidewak at St. Francis
- Fayette Co. woman blames Kmart in slip-and-fall suit
- UPDATE: WV CALA kicks off Lawsuit Abuse Awareness Week
- AG's office files diesel engine lawsuit against VW
- Robin Davis is a conflict of interest
- New prevailing wage rates, same old problems