CHARLESTON -- A Kanawha County couple is suing Ryan's Restaurant Group after injuries were sustained at the restaurant's facility.
On Feb. 24, 2009, William J. Mellert and Lucie A. Mellert were customers at Ruan's Restaurant Group when Mr. Mellert was hit by water, ice and snow falling from the "un-guttered roof," which caused him to fall face-first into the building, according to a complaint filed Feb. 22 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
The couple claims as a result of falling into the building, Mr. Mellert sustained injuries to his face, head, hands, shoulder, back and leg.
The ice, snow and water were hazards presenting an unreasonable risk of harm and did not have any caution signs warning the plaintiffs, according to the suit.
The couple claims the restaurant had a duty of reasonable care to protect its customers from defective or dangerous conditions existing on its premises.
The Mellerts are seeking compensatory damages. They are being represented by Shawn R. Romano.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Charles E. King.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-290
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall