CHARLESTON -- A Kanawha County couple is suing Ryan's Restaurant Group after injuries were sustained at the restaurant's facility.
On Feb. 24, 2009, William J. Mellert and Lucie A. Mellert were customers at Ruan's Restaurant Group when Mr. Mellert was hit by water, ice and snow falling from the "un-guttered roof," which caused him to fall face-first into the building, according to a complaint filed Feb. 22 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
The couple claims as a result of falling into the building, Mr. Mellert sustained injuries to his face, head, hands, shoulder, back and leg.
The ice, snow and water were hazards presenting an unreasonable risk of harm and did not have any caution signs warning the plaintiffs, according to the suit.
The couple claims the restaurant had a duty of reasonable care to protect its customers from defective or dangerous conditions existing on its premises.
The Mellerts are seeking compensatory damages. They are being represented by Shawn R. Romano.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Charles E. King.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-290
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Forums allow a chance to interact with Business Court
- Justices say injury was not caused by accident at work
- State Supreme Court affirms Office of Judges decision
- Walker shares her conservative vision for state Supreme Court
- U.S. Chamber urges Tomblin to sign AG 'sunshine bill'
- Couple accuse General Motors of selling defective truck