CHARLESTON -- A Kanawha County couple is suing Ryan's Restaurant Group after injuries were sustained at the restaurant's facility.
On Feb. 24, 2009, William J. Mellert and Lucie A. Mellert were customers at Ruan's Restaurant Group when Mr. Mellert was hit by water, ice and snow falling from the "un-guttered roof," which caused him to fall face-first into the building, according to a complaint filed Feb. 22 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
The couple claims as a result of falling into the building, Mr. Mellert sustained injuries to his face, head, hands, shoulder, back and leg.
The ice, snow and water were hazards presenting an unreasonable risk of harm and did not have any caution signs warning the plaintiffs, according to the suit.
The couple claims the restaurant had a duty of reasonable care to protect its customers from defective or dangerous conditions existing on its premises.
The Mellerts are seeking compensatory damages. They are being represented by Shawn R. Romano.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Charles E. King.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-290
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him
- Man alleges Transworld engaged in illegal debt collection