CHARLESTON -- A former employee is suing Primecare Medical of West Virginia after he claims it violated the West Virginia Wage Payment and Collection Act.
Russell Green III was employed by the defendant as a nurse, according to a complaint filed Feb. 25 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Green claims for a time period of approximately one year, he was required to work hours beyond his normal shift for which he was not paid.
The defendant has failed to pay Green for wages due and owing, which has caused him to incur a loss, according to the suit.
Green is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest and liquidated damages. He is being represented by Paul M. Stroebel.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Charles E. King.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-323
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note