CHARLESTON -- A Parkersburg woman is suing PWP Industries after she claims she was injured while working.
David Lewis and Jacob Holcolm, two supervisors for PWP Industries, were also named as defendants in the suit.
On May 19, 2010, Grace A. Keaffaber was seriously and permanently injured while working for the defendant on a polypropylene extruder at its Mineral Wells production plant, according to a complaint filed March 31 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Keaffaber claims she was trying to clean the machine while it was running, which was typical protocol at the plant, because dirt had gotten into the machine, causing the plastic sheets extruded by the machine to look dirty during the manufacturing process.
The defendants allowed the unsafe working condition to exist, according to the suit.
Keaffaber claims her left arm made contact with the moving parts of the machine and was pulled into it. She claims her left arm was smashed into pieces, bones from the arm pierced her skin and the arm was badly burned and lacerated.
During the event, Keaffaber could not activate any of the safety stop mechanisms on the machine in order to power the machine down, according to the suit.
Keaffaber is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by Tony L. O'Dell.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge James C. Stucky.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-530
- Morrisey gets 'critical victory' on EPA 'Waters' plan
- Former inmate sues Southern Regional Jail staff, facility over assault and battery allegations
- Texas company seeks to void contract with Costonia Station over title dispute
- Putnam Co. couple seeks damages for vehicle purchase over alleged violations of Lemon Law
- Estate sues Thomas Memorial Hospital after negligent procedure allegedly caused man's death
- Vacated Fayette Town Center space leads to breach of lease suit
- New York family sues WVU, fraternity for son's death
- Bankruptcy case for Freedom Industries gets final approval
- Federal jury awards $1.6M to Ohio woman in DuPont C8 lawsuit
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan