CHARLESTON -- A woman is suing Charleston Area Medical Center after she claims it is responsible for her family member's death.
On March 4, 2009, Margaret Hughes was a patient in the hospital when she fell from her bed and was injured, according to a complaint filed March 30 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Sharon Oldaker claims the defendants negligently allowed Hughes to fall from her hospital bed.
As a result of her injuries, Hughes died on May 12, 2009, according to the suit.
Oldaker claims the defendant owed a duty of care to provide services to Hughes in accordance with the degree of care, skill and learning required or expected of a reasonable prudent hospital and breached the duty of care when Hughes died.
Oldaker is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by Harold S. Albertson Jr.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Jennifer Bailey.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-515
- Traders Bank sues to recover allegedly unpaid portion of loan
- Mining companies sued after Justice man suffers severe head trauma in workplace accident
- Couple files suit to recoup costs to fix allegedly shoddy renovation work
- Woman sues chief correctional officer over sexual abuse claims
- Former inmate sues Correctional Facility Authority for copies of videos and photos
- Kanawha Co. woman sues Rite Aid, claiming botched drug prescriptions
- Ex-employee of Huntington Bancshares sues over alleged sexual harassment, termination
- Therapist sues Select Specialty Hospital, alleging FMLA violation
- Laboratory Corp. of America warehouse worker claims he was terminated due to disability, age
- Former DHHR employee alleges wrongful termination despite approved medical leave