CHARLESTON -- A woman is suing Charleston Area Medical Center after she claims it is responsible for her family member's death.
On March 4, 2009, Margaret Hughes was a patient in the hospital when she fell from her bed and was injured, according to a complaint filed March 30 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Sharon Oldaker claims the defendants negligently allowed Hughes to fall from her hospital bed.
As a result of her injuries, Hughes died on May 12, 2009, according to the suit.
Oldaker claims the defendant owed a duty of care to provide services to Hughes in accordance with the degree of care, skill and learning required or expected of a reasonable prudent hospital and breached the duty of care when Hughes died.
Oldaker is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by Harold S. Albertson Jr.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Jennifer Bailey.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-515
- AG's office files complaint against alarm company
- Morrisey praises USSC ruling on church rights
- Justice remand United Bank fraud case
- Dirt biker blames CSX, others for injuries
- State Farm agent sues over assistant’s job move
- Woman accuses nursing home of neglect
- Miner alleges employer broke law following injury
- Former judge alleges libel, malicious prosecution
- Couple invokes lemon law in Chevy purchase
- Customer blames grocer after slip and fall