CHARLESTON -- A woman is suing Charleston Area Medical Center after she claims it is responsible for her family member's death.
On March 4, 2009, Margaret Hughes was a patient in the hospital when she fell from her bed and was injured, according to a complaint filed March 30 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Sharon Oldaker claims the defendants negligently allowed Hughes to fall from her hospital bed.
As a result of her injuries, Hughes died on May 12, 2009, according to the suit.
Oldaker claims the defendant owed a duty of care to provide services to Hughes in accordance with the degree of care, skill and learning required or expected of a reasonable prudent hospital and breached the duty of care when Hughes died.
Oldaker is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by Harold S. Albertson Jr.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Jennifer Bailey.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-515
- Putnam County woman alleges companies tried to collect debt that has been paid in full
- Quickbooks creator accused of breach of contract
- Man says R.T. Rogers supervisor forced him to drive truck without seatbelts in snowstorm
- Food City owners sued after woman falls in Bluefield store
- Construction company claims invoice not paid
- United Industrial Services seeking courts help in collecting alleged debt
- Former Toyota parts worker sues over firing
- Man claims ice at apartment complex led to injuries
- Surgeon's actions allegedly led to patient's permanent vision damage
- Rental company sues over alleged breach of agreements