CHARLESTON -- A woman is suing Charleston Area Medical Center after she claims it is responsible for her family member's death.
On March 4, 2009, Margaret Hughes was a patient in the hospital when she fell from her bed and was injured, according to a complaint filed March 30 in Kanawha Circuit Court.
Sharon Oldaker claims the defendants negligently allowed Hughes to fall from her hospital bed.
As a result of her injuries, Hughes died on May 12, 2009, according to the suit.
Oldaker claims the defendant owed a duty of care to provide services to Hughes in accordance with the degree of care, skill and learning required or expected of a reasonable prudent hospital and breached the duty of care when Hughes died.
Oldaker is seeking compensatory and punitive damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. She is being represented by Harold S. Albertson Jr.
The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Jennifer Bailey.
Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 11-C-515
- Belmont Co. woman accuses Russell Nesbitt Services of gender discrimination
- Marshall landowners accuse utility companies in lease dispute
- AG's office reaches $13 million settlement with CashCall
- Counsel: Now it's work for conservation group that bought mines
- WVU law professor's book on human rights published
- Good gravy!
- Woman claims Chesapeake backed out of mineral rights lease
- Woman says exterminator didn't pay wages after firing
- Son claims father’s death at Glenwood Park a result of negligence
- Logan man says former employer retaliated against him