Diana Edwards vs. SHC Promotions LLC
PA-Jon D. Hoover; J-Spaulding
* Edwards says she was shopping at the Teays Valley Kmart on Aug. 25, 2009, when she stumbled on a raised rug and slipped on an unknown slippery substance. She seeks compensatory damages for medical expenses, physical injuries, emotional distress, mental anguish, pain and suffering, fear, humiliation, embarrassment, annoyance and inconvenience, loss of physical health and well being, loss of enjoyment of life, disability, disfigurement, compensatory damages, punitive damages, attorney fees, court costs, pre- and post-judgment interest and other relief.
Case number: 11-C-115
Christopher E. Johnson vs. Verizon Communications Inc.
PA-pro se; J-Spaulding
* The plaintiff says he was wrongly terminated from Verizon on April 23, 2009, on a charge of sales integrity. He seeks back pay including bonuses of $203,934. He also seeks $1 million for pain and suffering, medical bills, mental anguish, harassment, discrimination and public humiliation.
Case number: 11-C-114
- Morrisey: States have no legal obligation to comply with halted Clean Power Plan
- Legal assistant loses 110 pounds, makes it on magazine cover
- Man blames state DOH for Mingo Co. accident
- Justices order new 'in camera' review of documents
- Morrisey to meet with state law firms
- Landowners accuse Capital Land Services, others of breach of mineral lease contracts
- Worker injured on construction project alleges Triton violated safety standards
- Bank officer accuses MetLife of refusing to honor her disability claim
- Customer blames casino for torn rotator cuff in slip-and-fall incident
- Tobacco-shops firm accused of defaulting on note